Font issue - some lines of text are cut off

PatrickSWarner

Chieftain
Hi,

I just purchased Civilization IV complete edition on Steam. I can run the game fine, but I am finding that in all the text and description boxes that pop up, there are some lines that don't appear completely.

I can see what the text says, but it's like the bottom of the line has been chopped off so I can only see the top 80% of the words. The next line will then be fine, but after a few lines it will do this clipping again.

This appears to be happening in all modules - CivIV, Warlords, and BTS.

I am running Windows 7 64Bit on a 3 screen multiscreen setup, displaying the game in windowed mode on the middle screen. PC is top of the range from about 15 months ago so I certainly should not have any issues with PC spec.

Is this a known issue and if so can someone point me to the solution?

Edit: This appears to be related to when I run in windowed mode with the window maximized and the resolution set to the maximum resolution of one monitor. If I change the resolution of the game and/or do not maximise the window it seems ok then.

its because of the resolution.

In the documents folder (...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword) you'll have a file named CivilizationIV.ini.

In it you can define the exact resolution (; Custom Screen Height, minimum: 768). I use 998 for vertical on a 1050 screen, so when I maximize window, it will be correct resolution.(topbar+taskbar=52 pixels).

Top Bottom