What broke game interface?

planetfall

Emperor
I don't know what happened. The game was working fine today and then I started a new game. If I can't find a fix. I'm going to have to give up on civ.

Running w10 on single monitor. Changes
1-- menu items, build choices, selection options are so small almost impossible to see. I did not change the resolution, and no option under game options to change graphics resolution,
2-- windows key used to put game in windowed mode and could run other things, like browser and then return to game. Now it stays full screen but lets you launch browser over top.

Questions:
1-- anyone else see this?
2-- any workarounds to make menu choices bigger. At least zoom works for map, but not menu

1) No but I haven't fired it up in a while.
2) Check the settings for UI size (I think there is a setting for it?) and put the game in borderless window mode?

Just an idea not sure if it works :S

I don't know what happened. The game was working fine today and then I started a new game. If I can't find a fix. I'm going to have to give up on civ.

Running w10 on single monitor. Changes
1-- menu items, build choices, selection options are so small almost impossible to see. I did not change the resolution, and no option under game options to change graphics resolution,
2-- windows key used to put game in windowed mode and could run other things, like browser and then return to game. Now it stays full screen but lets you launch browser over top.

Questions:
1-- anyone else see this?
2-- any workarounds to make menu choices bigger. At least zoom works for map, but not menu

This sounds similar to problems I had when I got a new laptop with a different screen resolution. Maybe the solution here will work for you:

I'll give that a try. It's definitely a resolution issue. Display is locked at 1920x. The GP screen used to show 6 columns and a scroll bar at bottom, now it shows all 9 columns.
Test to make:
adjust the render height and width in the AppOptions.txt file located at "C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\"

Top Bottom