Helpful Trick Videos?

sidman24

Chieftain
Hello everyone!

I am kinda new to this forum, but have been playing Civ V for quite awhile now and own all the expansions.

I was wondering if there are any videos online where people explain some tips and tricks of how to get a certain victory type... or along these lines. I don't want a "tutorial" video showing me how to do things, because I already know how. I just want a video for the experienced users that explain useful tips in help getting you a victory you want to achieve. Me and my best friend play this game a lot and he's always seeming to beat me one way or another. I can manage to get him with diplomatic victory every now and then, but not too often.

Thanks for the help guys!

- Sid

You can browse MadDjinn's Beyond the Monument series (on YouTube), where he sets up some game situations and explores/explains various game mechanics and strategic/tactical issues. Otherwise, you will need to watch LPs of actual games. Many end up being a bit domination focused, since they are usually played on Deity, where the AI can be more aggressive, but still informative for all levels. From the forums, relatively popular recent LPers with good commentary are Moriarte, Light Cleric (EllCee on YouTube), Primeval and MadDjinn. Others will weigh in with their favorites.

just keep playing because people who read strategies are s and scum ruining the game

Top Bottom