Japan - Samurai cannot upgrade to Musketmen.

Musketmen are so marginally better compared to Samurai, that all it would do is mess up your fishing boat bonus.

I believe that this was part of the last patch where they upgrade to Riflemen. I know the Berserkers got moved up in the tech tree and I think they have the same upgrade path.

It is meant for you to have more time to pump the samurai that start with an upgrade and faster great generals.

This is intentional, it's to allow building more Samurai for their unique abilities (work boats & great general) before you can no longer do so.

I think the promotions carry over when promoted, but still you can't build more after the unit becomes obsolete.

Also isn't this some what historical as well. Japan did not adapt using gunpowder technology until the 1800s.

And they shouldn't upgrade to Musketmen, seeing as Samurai have the exact same combat strength as Musketmen. At least that's what I remember, maybe Musketmen are a little stronger.

Musketmen have 24 compared to 21 base damage, which is significant with promotions. But it would lose the fishing boat, general and Honor perks.

In same way less upgrades better, I believe even you do not loose any promotion when upgrade, units loose half of xp, so, next promotion will come soooo mach later.

In same way less upgrades better, I believe even you do not loose any promotion when upgrade, units loose half of xp, so, next promotion will come soooo mach later.

I'm almost certain you don't lose any xp when upgrading (check the little +XP that floats up when upgrading.. it is the same as the XP the unit has)

And if you play Japan, you can for a while build both Samurai and Musketman. I see no problem with it. Both will upgrade to Riflemen when times come.

Top Bottom