Fall of Rome as huns

lemming3k

Chieftain
Anyone else find it really hard to defeat the Eastern Roman Cataphracts with the huns? No spears, horse archers don't do much, and regular cavalry is worse. I seem to need 5 units for each of theirs. :/ Not sure what I've missed, but the AI has produced so many I'm not advancing as much as I expected.

Are the huns only viable as a large army razing everything?

I didn't do too well the first time I used them. I'm in the middle of a second try. I'm going down the left side of the policy tree this time and razing a lot of cities. Last time I tried to puppet and/or annex cities to help produce units. I'm razing most of the cities now and that's working a little better.

The left side of the policy tree seems to be way better for the Huns. The double experience policy gets the Logistics promotion quickly so Horse Archers can shoot and move like Keshiks.

The left side of the policy tree seems to be way better for the Huns. The double experience policy gets the Logistics promotion quickly so Horse Archers can shoot and move like Keshiks.

^This. I reccently started play this scenario as the huns and I took the policy that gave you double experience. Your Horse archers can quickly get up to logistics and range and by that point the game is essentially over.

Maybe that's where I went wrong. I was hoping to at least have some form of Hunnic emprire, but there was so many enemy units, without those cities to produce units I'd have a much smaller army and I have a feeling I'd be overwhelmed early.

Top Bottom