Possible to have production modifier only affect buildings?

jefmart1

Prince
I want to create a building that only increase production of buildings, not units as well. IS there anything in the existing xml that does that?

Theres nothing in the XML but you can edit the def getBuildingCostMod(self, argsList): in the CvGameUtils Python file to accomplish this.

For example in my Sphinx Wonder modcomp I create a building that only affects the cost of Wonders. Similiary in my Djenne modcomp I create one that reduces the cost of Cathedrals. Outside of python and SDK I dont think there is a direct way to do this.

What about the XML tag for Organized Religion? Couldn't you copy that and it's schema over?

What about the XML tag for Organized Religion? Couldn't you copy that and it's schema over?

i'm pretty sure the xml doesn't work like that. just adding a tag and schema won't do anything if the SDK doesn't call for it. You'd have to create a custom DLL if you wanted an XML tag, otherwise you have to use python.

Even if that did work, the state religion requirement is built into the tag; so it would only apply for cities with your state religion. As far as I know, there is no generic BuildingProductionModifier tag.

Well, if you're prepared to delve into the SDK, you could actually tack on a <BuildingProductionModifier> tag-using the existing <UnitProductionModifier> tag as a basis.

Aussie.

Top Bottom