HOF Questions & Answers

Hi

Is there any way of unsubmitting a game, when you just realised you submitted the wrong start save ?

I have located the correct files, but just resubmitting the same game, could also cause problems ?

Dines

I don't think EUI gives you any information that you don't have access to normally. The main benefit is that it shows AI available luxuries and gold on the default screen. Normally, you have access to this information, but you need to click into the diplomacy or trade screens to get it. EUI saves a lot of tedious clicking. E.g., if you're in the early game and waiting for AI to get their gpt up high enough to bother selling a luxury, EUI lets you just see that on the main screen, rather than clicking into trade screens every single turn. It does something similar with City-States by showing your influence and available quests with every CS on a ribbon on the main screen. This is, again, information that's totally available normally but might otherwise require clicking into diplomacy screens. EUI is a click saver, basically.

I do think that the vast majority of people here use EUI.

Could we get a definitive answer on this issue - I use EUI all the time (as does almost everyone else) but haven't been playing HoF games because of the ban on anything that modifies the basic Firaxis set up. I'd love to get back into HoF but not without EUI

Could we get a definitive answer on this issue - I use EUI all the time (as does almost everyone else) but haven't been playing HoF games because of the ban on anything that modifies the basic Firaxis set up. I'd love to get back into HoF but not without EUI
EUI is okay for HOF.

Hi, is there a mod I need to install to submit my games to HoF? Could someone give me a link to it?

There is no mod for HOF. You have to play without mods.

EUI is community mod that doesn't alter the game so it is okay.
Thanks, I used to play civ4 bts, and submit to HoF before. That one required a mod, that why I was asking.

I've heard that the Enhanced User Interface mod is allowed for HOF games. Is this true? If so, can the HOF rules be updated to include that. I recall that the Civ3 HOF rules has a list of allowed utilities. It stands to reason that allowed mods/utilities should be listed for Civ5.

EDIT: And then I scroll up to see the previous. Still the request to update the rules page is valid.

I don't know if it is my system or what. Second game in a row where the game locks up after using a Great Scientist purchased with faith to learn the Satellites technology. My game has been going non-stop since I started it this morning. Chances are that the clearing of the map is hitting some memory cap or something under this particular scenario.

I'll send in the report with appropriate save files like I did for the first one. Then I'll make a note that I shouldn't use a GS to learn Satellites after having played for a long session.

Just finishing up my last victory type in Chieftain, and learning the game, so thought I'd come see what Gauntlets and Games of the Month there were to be played. Which leads to some questions:

1) I have Civ 5 Complete.....and it comes with a bunch of DLC. My head has been spinning a bit trying to figure out what I need to be valid for HoF game entries. Is this fine as is? To simply things?:)

2) I saw under the Gauntlets, you need Version: SV8.....what is this? I haven't seen it here and cannot find it Googling.

Guess that's about it....thanks.

Another question:

3) I saw that the EUI mod is now allowed....what about the Community Patch Vox Populi?

Last edited:
Hi Denniz,
Is there a way to get social policies out of order (without getting the usual prerequisites)?
tommynt 1300 AD (#6452) 1480BC save shows that he/she has done so, and this would be hugely useful.
Is there a way to do social policies out of order?

Thanks
AAA

Is it Legalism? There used to be no prereqs for Legalism until Tradition was nerfed in the October 2014 patch, so the policies look out of order when you view old saves in the latest version of the game.

Yes it was legalism. Dang! I hoped there was a new exploit to use :)
Ah well, thanks for setting me straight vadalaz.
AAA

Crash exception question:
I'm playing Ethiopia on huge pangaea at prince level. I used a GS and learned Radar, the first tech into Atomic era for me on this game. The game locked up and in the background was the standard Windows message about something causing it to crash and they'd let me know if the problem ever gets fixed (which they never do).

I can repeat my moves:
- found a city on a cotton tile on a remote island (next to river & mountain with oil in the 3 tile radius).
- tell a Gatling gun to go into alert mode
- use a Great Musician for its work of art
- use the Great Scientist

But the crash/lock up repeats. Not sure why.

What would you advise me to do so that I can continue to use this game for the HOF? Should I repeat everything but the GS, put it off for a turn or 4 (only 4 turns left for Radar)?

Crash exception question:
I'm playing Ethiopia on huge pangaea at prince level. I used a GS and learned Radar, the first tech into Atomic era for me on this game. The game locked up and in the background was the standard Windows message about something causing it to crash and they'd let me know if the problem ever gets fixed (which they never do).

I can repeat my moves:
- found a city on a cotton tile on a remote island (next to river & mountain with oil in the 3 tile radius).
- tell a Gatling gun to go into alert mode
- use a Great Musician for its work of art
- use the Great Scientist

But the crash/lock up repeats. Not sure why.

What would you advise me to do so that I can continue to use this game for the HOF? Should I repeat everything but the GS, put it off for a turn or 4 (only 4 turns left for Radar)?
I would try using the GS first thing. See if that causes the crash. Otherwise tinker with the order as you see fit. Hopefully, you can get past it.

I would try using the GS first thing. See if that causes the crash. Otherwise tinker with the order as you see fit. Hopefully, you can get past it.
Well, doing the GS first avoided the crash. Was able to go on and squeeze out a Culture Victory. Only one problem, I forgot to make the manual save for the crash report and didn't realize until after submitting that I had done so. Oh well, I guess submission 12035 will have to be disqualified. :(

There is no mod for HOF. You have to play without mods.

EUI is community mod that doesn't alter the game so it is okay.

Forgive and correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand the EUI gives you unfair advantages that a player who plays the base game doesn't have like for example being able to know what civ is friends with a CS which in effect helps the player to make better decisions related to CS diplomacy.

I'm new to HoF and recently submit my first game. But the status is always Not Checked for at least 10 days.
May I ask if it is common or there is something wrong with my game.

Top Bottom