Star Trek: pre-Federation DY-100 class

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
Another Star Trek unit. One more down, another 30 or so to go... :)

"The DY-100 class were cryogenic sleeper ships from the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
The production of the DY-100 class sleeper ship began sometime prior to the conclusion of the Eugenics Wars in 1996 and was ended before or around 2018, when major breakthroughs in fusion-driven sublight engine technology made the far slower and less advanced sleeper ships of the previous generation obsolete." (Memory Alpha)

Previews (attack and death)

And the download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/DY-100_class2.zip

I know, but I had to improvise a bit. I don't think Kahn would mind though... :D

Very well done. Only suggest would be to include a little more civ color in future units. For example, at N & S facings it is very hard to pick up the unit colors. And even at SW it is a bit of a squint (though perfectly acceptable).

Flamand said:
....began sometime prior to the conclusion of the Eugenics Wars in 1996....

Eugenics Wars.... 1996... No, don't sem to remember thoes happening...

Um.. infact, the only thimng I remember about 1996 is that the Indians got beat by the Orioles in the Division Series.... And that Friggin New York won the World Series.

Okauy, before amny of ypou squawk at me about Star trek History, YES, I FRIGGIN KNOW, I'M A BLOODY TREKKIE.

Seriously, though, the unit looks FAR Better than the actual ship did in the Show...

PRICELINE.COM!

Goldflash said:
Eugenics Wars.... 1996... No, don't sem to remember thoes happening...
Yeah, I seem to have missed that one as well... However, 1996 was the year Dolly was born, so maybe it was refrerring to that...:D

Darn... I thought I had the units32 right this time. Oh well, better next time... :)
Thanks Vulcadon!

No, I'm pretty sure that the only thing that happened in the mid ninties was baseball...

Great one,but where to use it in ST mod?

I don't remember Eugenics Wars, but maybe I missed something on TV.

It will be used as an early transport ship. The Eugenics war was never shown on tv, only referred to several times as the reason why cloning humans was banned in later centuries.

good Job on your Star Trek: pre-Federation DY-100 class unit.

Hate to bump a thread by 5 years... but here is a fix to the FLC's. It was a palette issue caused by the transparent Magenta not being used, and the semi-transparent (submarine) Magenta to be used instead. This fixes that.
Thanks to Flamand for this great work!

...and thanks to you for the fix. :)

Top Bottom