Star Wars: The Mod Awakens

Star Wars: The Mod Awakens 1.11

I believe "Shunned Government" affects AI attitudes, but that would require all the "baddies" use the same gov't. Otherwise, the best bet is the Aggression level, but there isn't really a way to fine-tune the AI's outlook.
Thanks a lot for this. They are shunning the Gvts of most Imperial factions and I did already put the Aggression slider to the lowest level. I guess this is it and the New Republic are the same in their heart of hearts as the reviled Empire ;)

Short of instituting Locked Alliances (i.e. permanent wars) within/ between the various factions, I don't think there's any way to 100% prevent any AI Civ from allying with another AI Civ that (per SW canon) they 'should' be opposing.

But there are possibly a few more ways to discourage non-canonical alliances than have been mentioned so far.

For example, I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Civs with similar Culture are supposed to be friendlier towards one another. I don't know how the Culture groups have been assigned in this mod, but if not already the case, it might be necessary to reassign them as e.g. 'Republic', 'Imperial', 'Neutral', 'Criminal' and 'Independent'.

And/or if Civs themselves can be assigned Flavors(?), it might be possible to use that to give the 'good' factions/ flavors a more positive relationship towards each other, and a more negative relationship towards the 'evil' factions (and vice versa).

Thanks tjs282. I have no coding skills but was looking into the BIC editor to see if some behaviours could be altered, eg forcing a Civ into defensive wars only, but could not find any clue.

I believe "Shunned Government" affects AI attitudes, but that would require all the "baddies" use the same gov't. Otherwise, the best bet is the Aggression level, but there isn't really a way to fine-tune the AI's outlook.
"Shunned Government" has two effects:
  1. The AI Civ itself should never wind up using said Gov.
  2. It predisposes the AI to have a less friendly attitude to any Civ currently using said Gov.
:scan:

:D

Interesting and thanks for explaining. Would you know if there is a way to turn an AI into a "pacifist" - i.e. only defending itself?

Interesting and thanks for explaining. Would you know if there is a way to turn an AI into a "pacifist" - i.e. only defending itself?
Take away its ability to build any units with high A-values -- but give it defensive units with high D-values and long-range immobile bombardment units, so it doesn't get overrun...? :dunno:

I've read a few responses, seems there is an issue with the New Republic acting like a bad guy?

For preventing the always war with the Independents:
  • There is a war trigger for the New Republic along the Corellian Trade Spine somewhere south of Hosnian Prime, removing that trigger would prevent the Republic from always declaring war on the Independents.
  • Additionally, there are war triggers around Cloud City [Bespin] area (the southern Galactic Empire starting holdings), which sometimes are triggered by the New Republic (these too need to be removed).
Even with the above done, the New Republic will still attack others. What you can do as others have suggested reduce the attack on units (The Republic will attack but with little to no exchange in planets, and they will seek peace soon enough). Cutting the attack on New Republic ships (only the ships) by 2 should be sufficient (at that level very few ships will have +15 attack), to compensate for this reduction in attack, you may want to increase either ship defense or hit points.

With that said, I have reasons for liking the republic as is:

My rational for the war triggers (Independents vs New Republic) is there is no mechanism for planets to join the New Republic, thus they are preventing Imperial factions from conquering those places. Also, in this time period there were numerous wars the republic was involved in. All of which of course were justified defensive wars which at times resulted in "liberating" territory occupied by others. I think the New Republic is trying its best, but with competing factions within and a shaky foundation, it is completely reasonable for them to engage in offensive wars (lets not forget there are numerous Imperial factions still around, plus the New Republic is not even 10 years old - likely there are Senators who have jingoistic attitudes).

Further, (assuming you are playing as the Galactic Empire) my goal was to ensure you couldn't take independents and then have an easy victory against the republic. You will (with the original design), likely get into a cold war scenario where both sides are building arms, in addition likely you will need to cannibalize other Imperial Remnants.

Thanks a lot AJB, will just give a try to tweaking some of their attack values and see where that leads us to :)
I was just finding indeed that the NR is getting quickly all over the place and becoming a massive juggernaut within 40-50 turns :)
I will say it again - fantastic mod :thumbsup:

If we are still on suggestions for units with GFX here goes:

- The Servator (EAW Remake mod mod: ): a Venator upgrade (different from Mark II introduced in the mod) with less to none carrier capacity / same armour / more firepower --> maybe a unit for Restored Empire or some non main-Imps with a few more points on A (say close to Victory I) and 1 or less carrier but buildable at normal shipyards?

Tech: locked behind Clone Warfare II (like the Stalwart)?

Last edited:
Keeping on with suggestions:
- Lowering to normal shipyard requirement (vs. extensive / capital one) the production of Venator Mk II and Acclamator Mk II for those Civs who have the options to build it, not sure (especially for the Acc II) of the cost / benefits vs Victory SD 1.

Thanks for the continued interest! Unfortunately it has come to my attention that Mediafire has decided to restrict the download due to a copyright claim. Is this causing download problems for anyone? If so, I can separate the music into a another download so people will at least be able to play.

Could try SourceForge?

Could try SourceForge?
Well I just tried to setup a new project on there, but it's giving me a "request to API failed" error at the moment when it asks for a phone number, I'll have to try again later. Thanks for the suggestion!

Don't thank me yet—I never needed a phone to register. :scared:

Don't thank me yet—I never needed a phone to register. :scared:
Not to register, to create a project. Which is how I assume I am supposed to upload things to this site. :dunno:

Granted I haven't actually uploaded in a few years now, but... that's not something I was ever asked for. I hope they're not pulling a Discord...

Version 1.11 has been released, this time back on Dropbox as there seems to be no problems there.

Code:
Version 1.11 Changelog:

- fixed music bug by removing 15 songs
- fixed Arc Hammer wonder splash missing entry in pediaicons
- increased bombard of V-19 Torrent Fighter from 6 to 8
- increased bombard of Droid Tri-fighter from 7 to 10
- increased bombard of X-Wing from 8 to 9
- increased bombard of TIE Interceptor from 6 to 8
- increased bombard of Dunelizard Fighter from 6 to 8
- increased bombard of E-STAP Droid Starbomber from 14 to 16
- increased bombard of Y-Wing from 16 to 18
- increased bombard of B-Wing from 7 to 9
- increased bombard of TIE Bomber from 15 to 17
- increased bombard of Naboo Royal Bomber from 15 to 16
- changed stats of the Dummy Unit to defense of 1 and -3 HP bonus
- wonder Maw Installation now no longer requires 25 Research Stations
- unit World Devastator stats changed to 60 attack, 40 defense and enslave now results in creation of new World Devastators instead of Victory II SDs
- wonder World Devastator Project cost reduced from 600 to 400
- wonder Arc Hammer cost reduced from 500 to 150
- improvement Battle Droid Factory cost reduced from 150 to 100
- population of Chozastea (First Order) reduced from 3 to 2
- added custom scenario.c3x_config.ini to work with Flintlock's patch/mod C3X
- city razing disallowed via C3X
- phantom resource bug and various other bugs fixed by C3X
- better AI logic via C3X

Download on the first post.

Last edited:
Version 1.11 has been released, this time back on Dropbox as there seems to be no problems there.

Code:
Version 1.11 Changelog:

- fixed music bug by removing 15 songs
- fixed Arc Hammer wonder splash missing entry in pediaicons
- increased bombard of V-19 Torrent Fighter from 6 to 8
- increased bombard of Droid Tri-fighter from 7 to 10
- increased bombard of X-Wing from 8 to 9
- increased bombard of TIE Interceptor from 6 to 8
- increased bombard of Dunelizard Fighter from 6 to 8
- increased bombard of E-STAP Droid Starbomber from 14 to 16
- increased bombard of Y-Wing from 16 to 18
- increased bombard of B-Wing from 7 to 9
- increased bombard of TIE Bomber from 15 to 17
- increased bombard of Naboo Royal Bomber from 15 to 16
- changed stats of the Dummy Unit to defense of 1 and -3 HP bonus
- wonder Maw Installation now no longer requires 25 Research Stations
- unit World Devastator stats changed to 60 attack, 40 defense and enslave now results in creation of new World Devastators instead of Victory II SDs
- wonder World Devastator Project cost reduced from 600 to 400
- wonder Arc Hammer cost reduced from 500 to 150
- improvement Battle Droid Factory cost reduced from 150 to 100
- population of Chozastea (First Order) reduced from 3 to 2
- added custom scenario.c3x_config.ini to work with Flintlock's patch/mod C3X
- city razing disallowed via C3X
- phantom resource bug and various other bugs fixed by C3X
- better AI logic via C3X

Download on the first post.
Absolute tip top! Glad you are still working on this!

Some posts back you were toying with the idea of Yuuzhan Vong wars, still thinking about that? I know (especially with the unit models readily available) I was thinking of making a Galactic war scenario (taking much from Episodes I, II & III). . . If I ever have enough spare time.

FYI, the download for TMA 1.11 (top link on your first post) takes you to the TMA1.10 download. The other TMA 1.11 download lower down in the post works fine though).

Top Bottom