When to take a Founding Father or not

gunnergoz

Cat Herder
Is there some benefit to turning down a founding father when offered you? Do you lose points and have to start over or from a different point level?

yep, you lose points, depending on the FF you choose. If you "check the big picture" or click on the FF button, you'll see your point totals on the left. If you mouse over the various FFs, you'll see how much they cost.

Let's face it some FF's are better than others so it's better to pass on some to save up for others.(I never take Rolfe). Checking the FF screen helps.

So your points start again at zero when you accept the offered FF? I have of course done all the things suggested but I don't get the underlying behavior of the game...does it deduct points or not?

Yes, when you take a FF, it subtracts from the political and other points that they require. So, if they were spaced at 1000, 2000, etc... to get all of them, you would need 1000+2000+3000+...

In short, don't take a FF just because you can. Save up for the powerful ones that you want or need above the others.

Top Bottom