Mod not Working; Help Please

TheSuperDodo

Unsettler
So, I'm trying to make a Wonders and Great Works mod, mostly for myself. I made sure everything is done correctly, the mod loads on the screen and no errors appear in the log. However, it doesn't add anything. It's supposed to add a single World Wonder and its associated Great Work of Music, but nothing appears in the Civilopedia or when the appropriate technology is researched.

Can anyone check why? Thanks!

Attachments

• Dodos Works n Wonders (v 1).zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  1. Enable error logging. whoward69's enable error logging tutorial
  2. These errors are reported in the DataBase.log file when error logging is enabled:
    Code:
    [86936.921] table Audio_2DSounds has no column named fTaperSoundtrackVolume
    [86936.921] In Query - insert into Audio_2DSounds('ScriptID', 'SoundID', 'SoundType', 'MinVolume', 'MaxVolume', 'fTaperSoundtrackVolume') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?);
    [86936.921] In XMLSerializer while updating table Audio_2DSounds from file Assets/Gameplay/XML/Buildings/Statue_of_the_Goddess.xml.

[86936.953] table Audio_2DSounds has no column named fTaperSoundtrackVolume
    [86936.953] In Query - insert into Audio_2DSounds('ScriptID', 'SoundID', 'SoundType', 'fTaperSoundtrackVolume') values (?, ?, ?, ?);
    [86936.953] In XMLSerializer while updating table Audio_2DSounds from file Assets/Gameplay/XML/Works/BalladoftheGoddess.xml.
  3. You are attempting to use column-names that are invalid for use in a mod. This is a case of what Firaxis gets to do is not always the same thing as what a mod-maker gets to do:
    • fTaperSoundtrackVolume is no good and causes the game to reject the entire file where it is located, which in the 1st error is Statue_of_the_Goddess.xml
    • Same error as before, except in this case the file is BalladoftheGoddess.xml
  4. What you want is TaperSoundtrackVolume
  5. As soon as the game finds the first fatal error within an xml-file, it ceases to read any farther into the file, and rejects the entire contents of the file. So once you fix these errors in these two files you may find there are additional non-acceptable column-names, or other errors.

Top Bottom