[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

I don't get it. There are now two entries for total production in CIV4GameText_RaR_Game_Concepts.xml. I think at least one of them should be reverted to "TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_PRODUCTION," as the corresponding pedia entry in Game Concepts will not have a title now.
Huh? :confused: One is "TOTAL_PRODUCTION", other is just "PRODUCTION". As for the name of the keys, I don't really care about it but, it's fine to rename though.

I haven't read through all the pages, but if nobody has reported it yet, Auto workers will clear forests even if you have selected the "Automated pioneers leave forest" option.

Thanks.

Auto workers will clear forests even if you have selected the "Automated pioneers leave forest" option.
Automated pioneers use the AI code, which mean this is likely related to the problem where AI players remove all forests. I wonder if the problem is actually some modded code can decide to clear forest outside the vanilla code for clearing and that way ignore the vanilla barriers, which are in place to prevent clearing.

Since that option does work in Civ IV, I would assume the code is there somewhere. I must admit I laugh when I take a AI city and there is no forests anywhere nearby.
Thank god you can plant forests in this game ;)

Noticed a weird one last night. After being at war with Cortez and captured a few of his cities, I moved into the core of his empire and starting to circle his cities to take most of them out, and mysteriously in between turns, the log said that I made peace with him and all my units were moved out of his territory. There was no explanation for why in the log. I certainly did nothing. Just in case I miss-clicked by accident I went back and replayed the turn and the same thing happened multiple times. I went back to earlier auto saves and played it back to the present and it kept happening at the same point.

Bug or feature?

If you have a savegame where it makes peace every time, then it would be interesting if you could upload it. That way we will at least be able to identify which code sets the peace and maybe backtrack to why it happens. Also are you using RaR 2.1 or 2.2?

If anybody knows why it would do that, then I would like to hear it because I'm all out of ideas. Also even if it is a feature (I don't think so), the player should be informed in a non-confusing way.

I'll figure out how to upload a save when I get home. RAR 2.1

ok I hope this works. just press next turn

Attachments

• st.ColonizationSave
    836.8 KB · Views: 51
If anybody knows why it would do that, then I would like to hear it because I'm all out of ideas. Also even if it is a feature (I don't think so), the player should be informed in a non-confusing way.

I believe it probably is a feature.

Two possibilities come in mind:

1. The AI player was eliminated --> which will have RaR make peace with all other player (to prevent side effects in other features)
2. One of your allies made peace with that AI --> which will make peace with that AI for all other allies as well (this is simply how alliances work)

There have been several other cases like this in the past and the explanation could always be read in message log.
(Without having to do debugging.)

Players were usually simply not reading the messages carefully enough.
(And did not check the message log for an explanation afterwards.)

So players were informed. They just did not take care of the messages or in few cases did not know the causalities / game concepts.

1. The AI player was eliminated --> which will have RaR make peace with all other player (to prevent side effects in other features)
all my units were moved out of his territory
That doesn't look like it's the case. I thought of this as well.

2. One of your allies made peace with that AI --> which will make peace with that AI for all other allies as well (this is simply how alliances work)
There was no explanation for why in the log.
As I said previously, if this is the case, then it would be valid to review how the player is informed. I assume rah isn't worse at reading than the average player (but the average player is dumb :lol:).

Diplomatic relationships are based on teams rather than players. I guess something like this could happen if you have multiple players in a team. However unless you set up teams in a custom game, you should have a team for each player.

Whatever the reason is, I will take a look at it shortly. I want to know what happened before I will be willing to ignore this incident.

I'm playing for a domination win so I have no Allies ;)

It might have been an AI being eliminated. I had another civ down to a city I couldn't find and the natives might have finished him off for me. But usually I'll see a message saying that that civ has retreated from the new world or something similar.

And I did go back a few turns and tried to play it through and got the same outcome.

AND I like to consider myself better than the average reader but I have been know to sometimes drink when playing. :lol: :lol: :lol: DWR

Normally I'd just say redeclare war and continue but this put me back a few turns and my twin brother and I are "KINDA" competitive and we like to compare domination completion dates. ;)

And more importantly, if this is a feature, I'm always curious on what triggered it so I can avoid it in the future or at least plan for it.

As tedious as this game can be, I'm still lovin it and have that one more turn feeling. (actually more like 50 more turn feeling)

Using R&R 2.2 I have somehow reached a point where the game crashes during next turn while in a war with some indians. I have attached the save game.

Let me know if I can provide more information.

Hope somebody can help and thank you all very much for this great mod - I love it! :)

Attachments

• David AD-1679-Julyc.ColonizationSave
    404.2 KB · Views: 55
Hi there, I'm using R&R 2.2 and I've got a really strange problem which is a little hard to describe. If I click on a unit and then click on the destination, later if I decide after a turn or 2 I want the unit to go somewhere else when I click on it, the unit does not respond. What does respond is a unit in the nearest city!

Same thing with a ship coming from Europe - I cannot alter it's course until it arrives in its destination.

I've attached a save game where I sent two scouts together then decided I wanted one to be trained as a fisherman - no luck turning him around and I can't train a cannon. :(

Attachments

• Cortes 2014-09-24 AD-1543-January.ColonizationSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Hi, I installed version 2.2, and when i go to Port Royal, I still get the Europe prices instead of those, what is wrong.

Thanks in advance for a wonderful game version, It is really the best.

Hello,

at first. Great work. I've tested some rounds and found the possibilities very good.

Unfortunatelly I've a displaying problem.
In every screen the symbols aren't shown. (e.g. the cross for religin is shown as 5 and the movement symbol like a "y"

Also the colonies and native towns show a lot of religions.

I would say, I have this issue since version 2.1 but I've changed my PC between 2.0 and 2.1. So maybe I did not install the game / mod right... (patch 1.01f is installed)

Have you any ideas which could be the reason for that?

(Is there a simple way to make a screenshot out of the game?)

Thans a lot.

A screenshot of the game can be made pressing the "Print" button on your keyboard.

Thanks, this was to easy...:D

I've made some screenshots.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    429.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 98
Looks like something is seriously broken with the font. I know a number of ways to make it misbehave, but the black part of Québec should display correctly in all known failing scenarios. Since the city screen tells you that the city is named Québec, the game is clearly aware of this and haven't failed to read the name from the XML files.

It looks to me like you gain the wrong sprites from GameFont.tga. However I have no idea what causes it to do something like this. From the looks of it, you request characters like 81, but you get character 85xx (the religion icons). It's not even remotely close enough to be an offset bug.

Do anybody else experience this problem?

SeppL: does the city names appear correctly in vanilla or other mods?

Thanks for the fast answer.

Vanilla looks ok. (Beside it is vanilla :))

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom