[Work Coordination] Todos for Release 4.1

raystuttgart

Civ4Col Modder
Hi guys,

I started this thread to collect all the open todos for upcoming WTP Release 4.1.
(Release 4.1 may be published in a couple of month - so is not about urgent bugfix releases or so.)

I will update the thread as necessary or as things pop up, step by step.
(I will of course e.g. also close topics we worked on already once done.)

Open Topics from WTP 4.0
Spoiler :

Known Bugs (already fully analzed):

Combat Forecast sometimes not shown (GIT Issue #557)
Pathfinding for shortest paths to Europe for Ships
(GIT Issue #610)
Negative Storage bug (totally breaking everything) (GIT Issue #501)
Unit List in Europe does not consider Profession for Combat Strength (GIT Issue #560)

Pathfinding (in New Movement System) - Automated Units may lose path [DONE] (GIT Issue #779)

MapScript and Maps:

Further Improvement of MapScript FaireWeatherTweakEx [DONE]
Correcting MapSize Ratios in XML so "Black Zoom" is avoided for future maps [DONE]
Adding an intermediate map size Massive 85x137 (11645 tiles), between Huge and Gigantic [DONE]

Screens / UI:

Trade Quest Advisor

Crime and Law Advisor
Ethnicity and CitizenStatus Advisor

Improving Automated Trade Route System

Immersion:

New Achievements using the new Units [DONE]
More Python Events using new Content [OPEN]

Graphics:

Animating Animals Aligator, Anaconda, Orca and Shark [DONE]
Improving L-Plot-System for new Resources [OPEN]

New Topics discussed / agreed
Spoiler :

Bugs:

Founding Fathre Verrazona discovers Pacific automatically [DONE] (
GIT Issue #806)
Ice Lakes in Random Maps sometimes generated near Desert [DONE] (
GIT Issue #804)

Improvements:

Yields Row Filter in City Screen (GIT Issue #813) [DONE]
Enable Pioneer to build a Road to a point on the map (
GIT Issue #427) [DONE]

Pedia and Instructions:

Install instructions as HTML web page [DONE]

3 Screens in Pedia should get 2 colums instead of one [DONE] (GIT Issue #802)
Pedia does not show Plot Yield Requirements for Improvements [DONE] (GIT Issue #781)

Features:

Immigration Overhaul [DONE]

Last edited:
I'm assuming it has to do with New Movement System.
Yes, exactly. :thumbsup:

if we are not considering fixing the NMS,
Why should we not consider finalizing it ? :confused:

---------

I would like us to finalize the "New Movement System" for WTP 4.1.
That is what the ticket is basically about and that is why it is on the list.

At least we should set it as a goal since we still have a few months until then.
Let us see if it works out - but at the moment it is still realistic. :dunno:

Last edited:
I like to change something due to my current focus:

Immersion:

New Achievements using the new Units and buildings [IN WORK]

Graphics:
Animating Animals Aligator, Anaconda, Orca and Shark [OPEN]

Background: I tried to animate the animals with a bit effort, but it is far more effort required than expected.

Achievements can be done with less effort and I can do that also during the week after a stressful day at work.

I have solved issue #723 from GitHub. Could you update the overview?

MapScript and Maps:
Correcting MapSize Ratios in XML so "Black Zoom" is avoided for future maps [COMPLETED]

--> This one is completed.

Additionally (not yet on the list):
Adding an intermediate map size Massive 85x137 (11645 tiles), between Huge and Gigantic [COMPLETED]
--> This one is completed as well. The map size Massive was added, 85x137 (11645 tiles). Huge has 5800 tiles and Gigantic 23368 tiles.

MapScript and Maps:
Correcting MapSize Ratios in XML so "Black Zoom" is avoided for future maps [COMPLETED]

--> This one is completed.
Do i understand correctly that with this fix we will be able to zoom-out the map and not see the black tiles anymore?...

Do i understand correctly that with this fix we will be able to zoom-out the map and not see the black tiles anymore?...
No, it just affects "future maps" to be created for that MapSize not the ones that already exist.

That bug doesn't depend on the size of the map but on the ratio between horizontal and vertical tiles. If you have more vertical tiles than horizontal tiles, then the bug appears.

I suspect it to be related to the map 3D engine itself which is imported from Civ4. Indeed, in Civ4, maps were wider than tall, so the bug isn't displayed. However in Civ4Col, maps are taller than wide and the bug appears since Vanilla version.

I made a 45,000-tile earth map test for Civ4Col that was wider than tall and it didn't have the problem. Other problems appeared though, mainly the "go to" pathfinder was no longer working after a certain distance, which is a problem particularly for the AI (ships in Singapore couldn't find their way to Europe via Cape of Good Hope).

Last edited:
To get to the sizes for Huge, Massive and Gigantic that are as tall as possible compared to the width, I did conduct about 25 tests.
What made things more difficult is that the ratio (divide) is not a constant factor.

To conclude: with the new sizes, no new generated map will have black zoom.
The existing maps might have black zoom - but it would have changed their character too much if we would have adjusted it in order to avoid it (i.e. make the map wider).

1682138561421.png

Top Bottom