SDI question

Randle

Warlord
This might be more appropriate for the strategy forum, but that depends on if my hypothesis is correct.

1. Vote for and get approved a nuclear non-proliferation treaty, preferably after you have built up some nukes and before the AI has built an SDI
2. (where my question comes in) The AI will not build an SDI if there is a non-proliferation treaty.
3. When the time is right, you'll be able to drop all those nukes and each of them will hit their target.

But if #2 is wrong, then this is pretty insignificant. It would be a nice way to make your nukes still be effective later in the game.

Except that as far as I know, you can't lauch nukes when there a no-nuke treaty in place. You'd have to get another vote against it but that's unlikely to pass.

You can launch nukes while a no-nuke treaty is in place, you simply can't build any new ones. You can still use any you built prior to the treaty being made.

AI never builds SDI wheather or not you have a no-nuke treaty. Just nuke them all and be done. The AI never builds any nukeler-based buildings, or nukes themselves. So the AI never gets bomb shelters, SDI, nukes, or the Manhatten project. And yes I would like this to be changed.

Barney's Soul said:
AI never builds SDI wheather or not you have a no-nuke treaty. Just nuke them all and be done. The AI never builds any nukeler-based buildings, or nukes themselves. So the AI never gets bomb shelters, SDI, nukes, or the Manhatten project. And yes I would like this to be changed.

That is not true. They do built SDI and bankers. I haven't seen any ICBMs though.

Barney's Soul said:

The AI almost always builds SDI. I have yet to see them build nukes or the Manhattan Project, although that could be because I tend to build the Project first.

As far as bomb shelters, I've never checked, but I have noticed the occasional nuke will land and do far less damage in one city than another, suggesting they do have a shelter.

I do wish the AI would be more nuke-friendly in some ways. They almost always vote for the non-proliferation treaty, and rarely build or use them.

Randle said:
As far as bomb shelters, I've never checked, but I have noticed the occasional nuke will land and do far less damage in one city than another, suggesting they do have a shelter.

The AI definitely builds bomb shelters. I noticed when playing with a friend on MP. We nuked Asoka's cities, and some of them did take way less damage. Yes, he had built shelters...and this was 1990 AD and only Noble...

Nukes ? There are nukes in CIV??
Havent seen a single 1 in the ~35 games i played so far.

Nukes ? There are nukes in CIV??
Havent seen a single 1 in the ~35 games i played so far

Yeah, there are nukes. But don't get too excited because they are more or less crap in CIV4....

BlizzardGR said:
Yeah, there are nukes. But don't get too excited because they are more or less crap in CIV4....

I don't know about that; my current game I had killed off everyone but Persia and Germany. Persia was pretty even in tech, and Germany just a little bit behind. Given the massive number of cities I had, I managed to build enough enough nukes to decimate Germany's population and take over a few of his cities.

Then, I managed to get 2 nukes through Persia's SDI. I sued both for peace, switched into massive food production mode, settled 5 cities within my own borders, and in 10 turns I won a diplomatic victory. (I was short a few votes after the war).

Top Bottom