What do you look for most in a civilization mod?

What matters most in a civilization mod?

• art

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • unique ability, unique unit(s), improvements, buildings

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • what the civ is

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
You do not have option for me.

For me the most important criteria is amount of available strategies.

For example, one what I do not like is that tradition opening with tall approach almost always the best choice. So, If I play mod I expect it to balance different openings more.

You do not have option for me.

For me the most important criteria is amount of available strategies.

For example, one what I do not like is that tradition opening with tall approach almost always the best choice. So, If I play mod I expect it to balance different openings more.

I think the OP meant civilization mods, such as created civilizations.

@regalman

You are assuming that there is such a thing as "the most important factor". I don't believe there is. The best mods achieve a balance of all the factors.

Having said that, I would say that the art is the least important element. I play with all the animations, voices, music, etc. switched off. I can't play any other way.

Tough question. Although art or the civ in question might be judged as the least important, they are usually what first draws interest, and without interest, no one - generally speaking - is going to take the time or effort to look at the specifics of the civ. So of those two, the civ in question draws my interest first.

As an artist, I would disagree that art is the least important part of a mod. I, for one, totally look for good art in new civilization mods. Personally, aesthetics is very important to me; while I'm sure there are some great mods out there with excellent design and code, I have a hard time playing them if the art quality doesn't match or exceed the quality of the rest of the mod. I'm even cool with overlooking "boring" or unoriginal traits or unit abilities if the art is good and the mod is aesthetically pleasing.

Top Bottom