Why can't the computer play Poland?

fallout3dc

Warlord
Poland is a great civ that allows the computer to hide most of its issues. Yet, the last 2 games that I saw Poland in, they got completely wiped out without me doing anything to them.

This is on Emperor BTW

Attachments

• 2015-06-23_00002.jpg
    2015-06-23_00002.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 214
  • 2015-06-23_00004.jpg
    2015-06-23_00004.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 2015-06-23_00006.jpg
    2015-06-23_00006.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 166
Well does Poland have to do well every time? Why? At least it does well sometimes.

I don`t know what the parameters of your game is since you give almost no informatiom, but the magic of Civ is things don`t always turn out the same way with every AI Civ, every time. Maybe it had a bad position, maybe it got in one war too many, etc, etc. It shouldn`t.

In these screenies, Poland spawned on small continents with Zulus and Aztecs as neighbors.

Well does Poland have to do well every time? Why? At least it does well sometimes.

I don`t know what the parameters of your game is since you give almost no informatiom, but the magic of Civ is things don`t always turn out the same way with every AI Civ, every time. Maybe it had a bad position, maybe it got in one war too many, etc, etc. It shouldn`t.

The parameter of the game is that they got wiped out both times by turn 150. I was wondering because I had some people say that on Emperor, the AI is less aggressive than on King because they have more money, so the game is therefore easier. Maybe Poland AI encourages it to do anything but war and then leaves it vulnerable?

And congrats on your 1500th post

Attachments

• Lawrenceville-To-Hold-Fireworks-HD-Wallpaper.jpg
    Lawrenceville-To-Hold-Fireworks-HD-Wallpaper.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 67
In these screenies, Poland spawned on small continents with Zulus and Aztecs as neighbors.

The Aztecs are never a big military threat for long, and I spawned on the same continent as the Zulus. It wasn't even a matchup between the 2. It amazes me that the computer can play Iroquois so well, but can't play Poland in my games if it's hardware depended on it.

Probably cause I always see him go Piety instead of like Tradition or Liberty which would be much more helpful

My last game at deity, I was playing as Montezuma. Casimir dowed me one time in classical era. It ended in a white truce since we were fighting in jungle hills, he being deity AI and me being the Aztecs in the jungle. Second and decisive war was when Poland at its best. He sent waves of shock 3 winged hussars at me. Only to be slaughtered in jungle by my jaguar-musketmen. I wiped him out of the continent and denounced by the whole world as a warmongering mongrel. So yes, the terrain plays a huge role how an AI fairs in game. He would have a much better time fighting Cathy in northern tundras and plains. But he couldn't evaluate the real strengths and weaknesses of his neighbors. AI couldn't be programmed that well apparently.

The parameter of the game is that they got wiped out both times by turn 150.

That is the result of the game.

Parameters of the game generally refer to what settings you chose, such as AI difficulty level, map type, game speed, resource setting, water level, climate, etc.

In this case, the fact that Poland was squashed between 2 warmongers on small continents creates a scenario where it will probably be at a disadvantage.

That is the result of the game.

Parameters of the game generally refer to what settings you chose, such as AI difficulty level, map type, game speed, resource setting, water level, climate, etc.

In this case, the fact that Poland was squashed between 2 warmongers on small continents creates a scenario where it will probably be at a disadvantage.

all standard settings. Neither time were they squashed between 2 warmongers. Each time they had 1 aggressive civ on the same continent as them.

In my last King game, Poland was a formidable force, racking up culture and wiping out Songhai.

AI Poland is usually only good if they're able to stay peaceful for awhile. With all the hype Poland gets for being OP, people tend to make the mistake of thinking they're unbeatable, and forget that they need some time to get their snowball rolling. 1 or 2 extra policies in the Classical/Medieval era usually isn't going to do a whole lot against an aggressive civ with a great UU (especially if you're a tactically dumb AI).

all standard settings. Neither time were they squashed between 2 warmongers. Each time they had 1 aggressive civ on the same continent as them.

Well there are other factors also. So it lost two games- Coincidence. I don`t see the problem here. If Poland lost like 10 games in a row, then I might complain.

Top Bottom