AI Minors & 'Great' War

France

Chieftain
Don't judge the long text.

My last previous games have been boring. The AI seem to declare war on each other constantly and I've seen AI 'minors' give entire cities away in a peace treaty.

Basically; the AI group in one of two categories: AI Majors [which actually do something significant] and AI minors - which literally do nothing. They settle 2 to 3 cities max. They sit there and wait. Of course they suck so bad even when they have a chance to get better they just sit there. Lol; they are there to be 'there' until someone "kills them".

For example; (based off of real scenarios) I've seen Poland with a significant number of cities; very well developed - actually doing something [hint: that would be an example of an AI Major] & so France which was another AI Major declares war on England. AND THEN OUT OF NOWHERE - everyone I mean EVERYONE - decides to declare war on England.

So England is well protected [they are an island] it's in the middle of the Renaissance Era. So you keep seeing Ships of the Line, Longbow-men, and Musketeer flying around here and there. & I decided to watch the scenario play out. The units of both sides just stand there. Nothing happens. Then France makes peace. Then Spain & other civilizations make peace. After a while I see the city of York handed over to Poland.

I'm blown on how ridiculous that is. Completely pathetic. I wanted to smack Elizabeth back to her senses. God she has bad advisers! You're telling me England gave up her second biggest city, broke her mainland, destroyed the rest of her game because Poland entered the war!?

You know what pisses me off the most?! That Poland didn't even move a SINGLE unit to help out in the war. Unrealistic as <snip>. I was also pissed that everyone decided to declare war on England and not help either. UGH. Every game now it's the same.

After literally one turn after meeting a civilization; they ask me to go to war with _. They come in groups. When it's not Casimir the III it Maria the I; then it's Rome. I am sick and tired of these messages every singles turn. STOP TELLIN' ME ABOUT HOW GLAD YOU ARE ABOUT FRIENDSHIPS.

Don't get me started on 'I feel the same way about so and so; I hope our denouncements ...'. Every <snip> turn. :mad:!!!!!

No, but really AI's need to be improved in these sense were they don't all denounce one player, and don't give up their cities without a fight. Pft; it's been awhile since a real war has taken place. I barely have to do anything. They just give it up.

What do you think?

Moderator Action: Please do not try to avoid the autocensor. See snips.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The AI always picks on the weak or those who have pariah-ed themselves, usually by capturing a CS. Lizzy giving Casimir one of her cities gave her 10 turns to prepare to take it back or pump out a settler so she could survive. War is costly especially when the whole world does at the same time as you can't trade. In regards to the AI giving up cities so easily it's most like due to the relative pointy sticks score.
In one game after I had won I DOWed everyone who denounced me, needless to say I was simultaneously at war with everyone. Since I had stealth bombers and xcom squads I didn't care but the AI did and the offers came flooding in even before I had done anything....

Unfortunately, I see this scenario play out far to often for my liking:

Civ A is a monstrous, sprawling empire; Civ B in a tiny, weak speck on the map.
Civ A comes to me and asks me to join in a DoW against Civ B. Why? You clearly don't need my help.
I refuse and Civ A declares war on Civ B, but does Civ B ever come to me asking for help against the bully? Not once in all my time playing Civ 5. :(

Top Bottom