Need more players for big MP game. 2 man teams.

So OmniPotent42, Konohatensai and Yoruus - how do late wednesday nights 8-10pst work, and Satruday afternoons 2-5pm work for you guys? Those times work for CraigMak. I added you three on steam, try to get back to me before tomorrow and maybe we can start Saturday. I figure two days during the week is manageable if the times work for everyone. Between me and CraigMak we already have 4 or 5 people, with you three, that'd be about 8 people which is solid. I'd prefer a 2 man team setup, but we can do other scenarios if you guys want.

I'm working every day 6am to 6pm east time

So saturday isn't possible

But, wednesday 8to10...pst, = 11 to 1am east time ? I can do a little sleep before and after for it... :)

But, wednesday 8to10...pst, = 11 to 1am east time ? I can do a little sleep before and after for it... :)

Well I hope you're rich as all hell if you're working 12 hour days, 84 hours a week :eek:
Doesn't leave much time for civ.

I'll try to reach yorus on steam if he doesn't respond here. Sounds like next weds maybe we can start.

Well I hope you're rich as all hell if you're working 12 hour days, 84 hours a week :eek:
Doesn't leave much time for civ.

Yeah I used to put in about 90 hours per week working. I came to the realization after several years that money is not worth giving up your life. Just say no to absurd amounts of work. You can always earn more money, you will never get your time back.

Well I think weekdays might be out for 2nd match. What are best times for you guys weekends? We're hoping 3-5pm pst Sat and 11am-2pm Sun. That would eliminate Fantome, but we may not have much other options. My guys dont want to do it too late on weekends for social reasons.

Ok after talking to Yoruus and LeFantome/KonohaTensai, I think Sat 1030pm pacific as primary day and Fri 1030pm pacific as backup day is feasible. Craig, does this work for you and commander? We'll start next weekend.

What kind of format you guys want to do? I'd like to stick to the 2 man teams. Any civs/settings you prefer? We won't do any of the capitulation stuff like the original thread suggested, just straight up.

Me+Friend
Craig+Friend
Yorus+LeFantome
AI+AI

I thought you had more human players than that? No other takers? I was really hoping to get a big game, otherwise it's just the same old thing we can all play every day online. If we have an AI team I hope it's going to be diety or immortal. Otherwise they will be a complete push over.

I didn't want to confirm I had more until they said yes. Keep changing the time frame, but lets stick with this one now. I now have two more. So now we're at:

Me+3 Friends
Craig+Friend
Yorus+LeFantome
AI+AI

Omit or include the AI team? I'm fine either way. Again, any preferences like CiVs are too OP or map conditions which favor specific civs you don't want to play, etc?

My opinion for the best map choice on this type of game would be Pangea Plus. As for OP Civs, I would not allow Spain, Attila, Babylon, Shoshone, Huns or Arabia. Maya, Inca & China are also border line OP civs. Others may disagree but that's just my personal opinion on the matter.

My opinion for the best map choice on this type of game would be Pangea Plus. As for OP Civs, I would not allow Spain, Attila, Babylon, Shoshone, Huns or Arabia. Maya, Inca & China are also border line OP civs. Others may disagree but that's just my personal opinion on the matter.

I should mention we dont have the expansion DLC, just G+K and BnW civs. I'm OK with disallowing certain civs if there's a consensus. Also, Pangea plus might be a map script from the DLC. I'll have to check. We may be stuck with regular Pangea.

I should mention we dont have the expansion DLC, just G+K and BnW civs. I'm OK with disallowing certain civs if there's a consensus. Also, Pangea plus might be a map script from the DLC. I'll have to check. We may be stuck with regular Pangea.

Pangea Plus comes from the Explorers DLC. It's like $3 and well worth it because you also get Continents Plus, Great Plains Plus, A Crazy jungle map as well as Ice Age, an Ice Map & A harsh Desert Map. Very fun stuff.

If you are not familiar with the plus maps, they were designed to be more balanced, placing city states in out of the way places such as islands so that you can not easily demand tribute or steal workers. They are balanced in other ways as well and I have found that they tend to incorporate more naval play than regular Pangea maps due to their shapes. That could be coincidence though.

Pangea Plus comes from the Explorers DLC. It's like $3 and well worth it because you also get Continents Plus, Great Plains Plus, A Crazy jungle map as well as Ice Age, an Ice Map & A harsh Desert Map. Very fun stuff.

If you are not familiar with the plus maps, they were designed to be more balanced, placing city states in out of the way places such as islands so that you can not easily demand tribute or steal workers. They are balanced in other ways as well and I have found that they tend to incorporate more naval play than regular Pangea maps due to their shapes. That could be coincidence though.

oh I have em, just my friends don't. I quite agree with you on all points. I'll see whats involved and maybe just buy it for my buddies.

Hey,

I'm sory for my absence, but my PC is broken, and untill it's repaired (proly 2 weeks) I won't be able to attend (need to beg my wife for her's). ;)

Best Wishes,
Yoruu

Top Bottom