GreekAnalyzer

Back from the Dead
We cannot behold
the beauty of the blossoms
enshrouded by haze –
yet steal us their scent, at least,
spring breezes blowing from the hills

-Yoshimine no Munesada

Hello all! This is my fourth story, and the first one I'm going to complete. :p This is (obviously) a Japan story in unmodded BTS. The writing style is somewhere between a narrative and a history book, a mix of both. Now that I have typed the bare minimum of a story introduction, on to the actual writing.

Settings etc.
Spoiler :

---------------------------

Tokugawa awoke in his tent. The sun was barely above the horizon, the rest of the tribe still asleep. He sat up. What an interesting dream... he thought. He had been standing on a great mountain, so high he could see clouds below him. Suddenly a voice spoke to him out of the clouds. Tokugawa it said. All this, I have given to you, but only if you are faithful "Who are you?" Tokugawa asked. I am the voice said. Settle your people here. Other civilizations will rise, but know that they do not have my blessing. And then he woke up.
He walked out of the tent. He considered the voice in his dream. This isn't such a bad spot. We have access to the sea, and the abundant clams. There is also that wild grain to the west. It tastes good and is abundant. We could use it. Tokugawa pondered this more as the tribe steadily woke up and started the days' hunting and foraging. It was well into midday before he made his decision.
"Akita!" he yelled. His small assistant came to him. Akita was his nephew; the son of his brother Hayato. After Hayato had died fighting a wild bear, Tokugawa had taken Akita as his own son. Now he was 16 years old, and assisted Tokugawa in everything he did. "Yes uncle?" Akita asked. "Gather the people. I need to speak to them." "Yes uncle" Akita said, running off.

It didn't take long to convince them to settle down here. They were loyal to their leader, and soon they were collecting wood for houses. After that, the people started to make fishing boats, and the clams were soon harvested regularly.
As Tokugawa looked for a sight for the palace, he noticed a grove of trees with an unusual color. The leaves were pink. "Akita." "Yes Uncle?" he replied. "What are those trees called?" Tokugawa asked. Akita replied "The men call them sakura trees, Uncle." "I think we should build the palace there. It is a sign from the gods."
And so Japan started, under the shade of the sakura trees.
Spoiler :

Why did you ditch the France story? This looks pretty good, though. Have you finished playing it through?

Why did you ditch the France story? This looks pretty good, though. Have you finished playing it through?

1st Question: I really didn't have any more ideas and I thought my quality was lagging. Also the Earth Map really constricts early gameplay and it really wasn't fun.

2nd Question: No, but I played to near the end of the classical era. I wanted to get this first update done, then I'm going to complete it before I do the next.

Subbed

Unmodded :eek: Still interested though, thumbsup:

subbed

Nice long update for you all

Chapter 2: First Meetings:

Tokugawa stood on the top of the Royal Palace, on the highest point in Kyoto. From here the view was breathtaking: The packed dirt streets, the stone square, the burgeoning pier and the ocean beyond. Today, however, the main view was to the southwest. There, a small group of people approached. "They're here." Tokugawa said to his aide, a small and round man named Asato.
"Indeed, my emperor." he replied. "Shall we go meet them?"
"Yes."

They descended the ladder leading onto the roof and went down to the first floor. They walked out under the sacred sakura trees. Tokugawa remembered the first day, the day the palace had started to be constructed. So much had happened since then.
The scouts had found that they were on a peninsula, surrounded by ocean except for a tiny strip of land connecting them to another part of the landmass. It was there the scouts found another people, ruled by a man much like Tokugawa, immortal and unchanging. They called themselves "Portugês". The scouts who reported to Tokugawa called them "Porutogaru-go." They arranged a meeting in Kyoto for their two leaders to meet.
Tokugawa walked to the town square. He felt the change under his sandals from packed earth to hard stone. The Portuguese delegation walked from the opposite end of the square, and Tokugawa got a good look at the Portuguese.
They looked little like the Japanese; they had much lighter skin and their eyes were bright and round as opposed to the Japanese's dark, omen-shaped eyes. There were maybe 15 of them, and one was obviously a leader. He wore a fine animal robe, with a hat made of the same material. He wore a gold bracelet and necklace. The man radiated authority, confidence and power.
He muttered something to the interpreter, a scout who originally met the Portuguese. He turned to Tokugawa. "He says his name is Joao and he asks yours, my emperor."
"Tell him my name and my desire for peace between our esteemed nations." Tokugawa replied. The interpreter turned and spoke some rapid-fire Portuguese. Joao replied in kind. The interpreter's face paled. Joao said the same phrase. The interpreter turned to Tokugawa. "My esteemed emperor, he says that you are not to cross his territory, and if you do, your "puny nation" will be destroyed." Tokugawa glared at Joao. "Tell this "man" that he has nothing to fear and we are sure we will live in peace." The interpreter turned to Joao and talked to him. Joao laughed, as if the idea of peace was hilarious. He spoke to the interpreter. "My emperor, he says that our "savage" nation had better keep the peace."
Tokugawa had to count to ten before he trusted himself to speak. "Tell him.." he grit his teeth and clenched his fists. "to leave from our country. NOW!" The interpreter couldn't possibly look more scared, as if he had just realized he had landed between two dueling tigers. That wasn't far from the truth actually.
The interpreter spoke to Joao. Joao looked amused, as if a child had tried to contradict his elder. He rose his hand in salute, then turned and left the square.

Tokugawa went back to the palace, in a rage. He threw a vase at a wall, then went into his room and didn't leave for a long time. When he came out, he contacted the Military Leader.
He was shocked at the plan. "Emperor, you do realize this will be done by my grandson's grandson?"
"Of course. Time is nothing for an immortal."

Spoiler :

Subbed, why not.

Thanks for your confident and total support. :p

Hey, you're lucky I'm here. After all, you're talking to the most epic person on the entire forum. Consider yourself lucky.

Hey, you're lucky I'm here. After all, you're talking to the most epic person on the entire forum. Consider yourself lucky.

I object to that because obviously I'm the most epic, if my puns haven't told you otherwise.

But on the topic of the story, good writing.

I object to that because obviously I'm the most epic, if my puns haven't told you otherwise.

But on the topic of the story, good writing.

Silly, You didn't even participate in the epic war.

:clap:
MOAR

Constantinople speaks the truth!

Top Bottom