help with U.N. issue

HANDxOFxGOD

Chieftain
so in my current game, Russia started the U.N. by finding all civs first. at some point, the U.N. passed a trade embargo on me and it's really hurting. the only people allowed to propose U.N. resolutions/repeals are russia and one other, and russia hates me.

my question is, if i just take moscow, the capital of russia, and annex it, will that put the U.N. leadership in my civilization. or do i have to take all of russias cities.. or will using military strength not even work to take the U.N. leadership?

thanks for any responses!

If you take out Russia, World Congress/UN leadership goes to nation with most diplomats, not you.

also.. does the nation have to lose all of its citys.. or just its capital?

ALL of the cities

World Congress is not a building that you can just take, it's a.. hmm.. an "idea" within the game, for as long as Catherine is alive and Russia is up and running, she will be the host until the next Era, upon which a new host may be chosen if somebody has more votes than Russia (you can divert your votes to have it your way, but undoubtful as I would assume people voted YES to embargo you in the first place)

So, start trading with City States. Because I honestly don't think conquering Russia will do you any good because if you do not have enough votes to be the next host, then there's no point in conquering her.

ALL of the cities

So, start trading with City States. Because I honestly don't think conquering Russia will do you any good because if you do not have enough votes to be the next host, then there's no point in conquering her.

Except if he conquers them all, go in front of the WC door and takes a piss at the door. That will teach them, Genghis style :D

Top Bottom