New featurette is up, what do you guys think of the new ideology stuff?

Without the german subtitles its possible to get the finisher for aesthetics:
- double theming bonus in museums and wonders.

Also, there is some hints about the opener/finisher for commerce:
-the opener does something to the capital
- the finisher does something to the yield from great merchant trade missions

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-05-24 at 10.14.06 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-05-24 at 10.14.06 AM.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Screen shot 2013-05-24 at 10.14.35 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-05-24 at 10.14.35 AM.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 295
  • Screen shot 2013-05-24 at 10.14.19 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-05-24 at 10.14.19 AM.png
    249.1 KB · Views: 255
and +1 gold from every trading (?post)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-05-24 at 10.24.20 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-05-24 at 10.24.20 AM.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 219
"Adopting Commerce will boost Gold output in the Capital by 25%. Unlocks building Big Ben. Adopting all policies in the Commerce tree will grant +1 Gold for every Trading Post and double Gold from Great Merchant trade missions. It also allows you to purchase Great Merchants with Faith starting in the Industrial era."

It's the same opener and closer as Vanilla/G&K, other than unlocking Big Ben. Boring. The bottom of the picture is rather interesting, though: "Click here to spend 5:c5culture: and unlock this policy tree." That's 1/5th of the cost of the first policy in G&K on Prince and up. And given the fact that culture cost is not linear, this would mean that you would get a tonne of policies over the course of a game, and would probably make going into Exploration a lot more viable.

It's the same opener and closer as Vanilla/G&K, other than unlocking Big Ben. Boring. The bottom of the picture is rather interesting, though: "Click here to spend 5:c5culture: and unlock this policy tree." That's 1/5th of the cost of the first policy in G&K on Prince and up. And given the fact that culture cost is not linear, this would mean that you would get a tonne of policies over the course of a game, and would probably make going into Exploration a lot more viable.

Settler difficulty and Quick speed I gather combine to make the first policy cost 5:c5culture:, although I can't remember what the exact values should be.

So far ideologies seems good. I'm not an expert in balance though. I just hope choosing one doesn't lock you out of one victory condition.

And the fragments of the cinematic makes me think it will be awesome. Should one more expansion come it will cover "the future" and the travel to Alpha-Centauri, hehehe.

I'm sorry, I would like to respond to your post but I am too busy being amazed by the tank cinematic teaser :drool:

Without the german subtitles its possible to get the finisher for aesthetics:
- double theming bonus in museums and wonders.

In this wording it looks clear that Museum is the only regular building having more than 1 slot.

It's the same opener and closer as Vanilla/G&K, other than unlocking Big Ben. Boring.
Yeah, if that is the case, it's extremely disappointing that they didn't take the opportunity to make Commerce a better tree.

About the ideologies, I'm a bit surprised by the way they unlock. The original description we got was you needed two of 1st level to unlock one of 2nd level, and then two of 2nd level to get one from 3rd. That is, as such, true, but they can double-up and count twice, which I think makes it a bit too easy - although it's hard to say without knowing the rate we earn them in game - to get high level tennets.

What I thought it would be was something like:
- 2 x lvl 1 needed for lvl 2.
- 4 x lvl 1 needed for second lvl 2.
- 4 x lvl 1 and 2 x lvl 2 needed for lvl 3.
- 8 x lvl 1 and 4 x lvl 2 needed for second lvl 3.

What seems to be the case is:
- 2 x lvl 1 needed for lvl 2.
- 3 x lvl 1 needed for second lvl 2.
- 3 x lvl 1 and 2 x lvl 2 needed for lvl 3.
- 4 x lvl 1 and 3 x lvl 2 needed for 2nd lvl 3.

In this wording it looks clear that Museum is the only regular building having more than 1 slot.

Isn't it that most have two and it has four?

Unless you're talking about Freedom because 6 maintenance free units and increased unit production is ABSOLUTELY helpful for domination.

Yeah, I think the "good for this" thing is almost picking something random. Granted, some are better for specific ones, but at least Freedom is helpful for the one it isn't supposed to be helpful for.

All this does, though, is make me want to mod the ideologies to add a few extra tenets (and move United Front back where it belongs). I'd have to play it a bunch of times to see how they feel first (in order to get the balance right), but I definitely have ideas like "COMINTERN" that gives Order bonuses to CS coups, for example.

Isn't it that most have two and it has four?

No. All regular great work hosting buildings have 1 slot and Museums have 2, so they could have theme bonuses from Artifacts or Great Paintings. To get theme bonuses from, for example, Great Writings, you should build wonders.

Top Bottom