[Newbie] Creating a simple, single map scenario mod

Apolojuice

Chieftain
Hello, I've been playing for a long time, I'm writing a story and I got distracted and made a map to put down what was the political situation at that time. It's fun and balanced, so I decided to use the Steam workshop to upload it for my friends. I guess I could just hand out the .civ5map file, but I wanted to use the workshop.

I get that you need to use the modbuddy IDE, so I created a project for a map pack, and put the single map file in there, and then built it, which created a mod file that could be uploaded to the workshop, and then I subscribed to my own mod, and... nothing. The map I'm concerned with doesn't appear on the map menu when the mod is activated.

I didn't think that it would automatically start loading scenarios, but I thought it would at least pop up the map in the map menu, it doesn't.

What should I do? I think I might have to write something in lua about loading the map and running it in script but I was really hoping not to do any of that. Making and sharing this map was going to be the extent of my experience with the workshop and probably modding.

The steam page of the mod in question: Here

The map that it concerns is attached. (the "mod" was literally going to have the map and nothing else in it.)

If it's possible to upload map on steam workshop without going through building a mod around it with IDE, that would be helpful as well.

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Have moved your thread to the main C&C forum as that is where questions belong. Happy posting.

Attachments

• Solaruppras.Civ5Map
    237.9 KB · Views: 30
Did you check Load Scenario once you have loaded up your mod? (Its on the part where you set up your game, with civs, land size, ect)

Did you check Load Scenario once you have loaded up your mod? (Its on the part where you set up your game, with civs, land size, ect)

To Load the scenario you have to load the map, the map does not appear anywhere even though the map is the only thing in the mod when I have built it. I really can't go through all the guide about modding when the only thing I need to know is just including a single map for the mod.

This is what I see:

Attachments

• 2014-10-29_00001.jpg
    2014-10-29_00001.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 2014-10-29_00003.jpg
    2014-10-29_00003.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 81
I think I found the solution, you're supposed to assign the map on the content tab of the mod, all the tutorial I've seen so far just tells me to build the mappack and add the map and be done with it, but that field has to be assigned, pointing to the map in that property because... why, since it's not obvious? I'm guessing that is outdated now.

Top Bottom