Kathys graphic modcomps

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0976.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0976.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 965
Native America Logboat
My newest upload: A native american archer (Tarascan Archer from the Colonization Religions and Revolutions mod) in a primitive log boat.
Not really what I wanted, the boat is a bit big, but in smaller size, you can see the archers legs. Also, it looks strange in the pedia, but quite well in game.
Uses Archer_Egyptian.kfm

Download here

I can do it, but I am afraid, it would not look good. Here the legs of the archer are covered by the boat, but the canoe (at least the canoe graphic I know) is open, so you can see him run, and stand upright in the boat.

check out this version. It allowed me to shrink the ship and now that I attach feet as part of the ship, it might look good. I just do not know what settings you use. (xml)
download

Attachments

• water_archer.rar
    87.2 KB · Views: 211
Bomb vessel / Galiote á bombe
My newest unit:
A napoleonic age bomb vessel, based on the meditarane galleon from history rewritten-Mod and the ottoman bombard of Walter Hawkwoods EE2 conversion.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/galiote-a-bombe-bomb-vessel.25483/
It does not have a special animation, so the bombard does not fire. Uses Galley.kfm
And you're welcome.

A.JPG B.JPG C.JPG

:D

I hope you don't mind me doing this but I took one look at the model and decided to try my luck. Something like 6 hours of work later I manged to produce this. TLDR I attached it to the galleas (galley with cannons) skeleton from Varies Delectat. This involved such fun and easy things like re-riging your whole model to the new bones and generally fudging things until they were just right. But I feel the results aren't half bad.

By the way, I intend to use the model in this version for my work on FFH. I trust you don't mind?

PS. It was way hard to capture it in screenshots. But basically you get the same gun animation as the frigate. Only it comes out of the single bombard.
Also, I took the time to properly skin the sails as well so now they should work with any and all sail related animations like the bulge when moving.

Attachments

• galleas (bombard).7z
    336.8 KB · Views: 150
Nice work. Of course you may use it for any mod you do, public or private. That's why I upload such stuff.
I will test the new animations soon.

I have tests the changes of both of you, and I like them. I have also updated my units in the database with your changes.

Cool. Glad to be of help and to see my fame spread. :)

For some reasons, the canoe is much smaller ingame when I use it. I will have to find a suitable size for it to use it by myself.

In addition, I I use the unit with the included .kfm, the game crashes. Should I better use the Egyptian Archer kfm, or should I use all .kf files from the egyptian Archer it the folder with the new canoe?

Included kfm file is Egyptian Archer kfm. It is renamed only - in the title and within the kfm and nif as well. In my mod I've added all kf files to the waterarcher directory and it all works.
About cannoe size it is a matter of proportion to other ships. I tried to make it smaller, because in proportion to the trireme, the canoe seemed strange when it was just as great.

Coming from someone who's done way too many ships recently I can tell you proportionate scaling does not work. The only rules you really need to worry about are:
1. Galley < Trireme
2. Caravel and Carrack < SOTL, Frigate, Galleon

That's it. All other units look fine no matter how out of scale. It's always better to have a model large enough to be visible at a glance by the player than to have something tiny that will get lost or huge and ugly.

Top Bottom