C2C Combat Mod Introduction - Step II (New Promotion Types)

Equipments and afflictions are so combatclass driven that establishing those must come first. Then we can start moving into this territory. There's a lot of coding going unused here unfortunately. And we'll probably start with the animal kingdom with poisons and other effects and defining armor and puncture values before we get a huge amount of work going on equipment but since disease mechanisms still need a bit of work in the coding to go about it properly we'll hold off on those until the rest of this is fairly well setup.

That's the plan as I see it... would you agree?

Did you create this promotion T-Brd? The Shamrock Promo that gives Infinite Lives to the unit?

The "Shamrock" promotion creates Invincible units Especially GGs. Is it designed to give 1 extra life or Infinite lives? Either way it's breaking my game and will eventually break other games too.

You just can't kill a unit with it. I had an AI GG reduced to less than 3 str 4 times and it would come back to full str after what should've been the final attack. But NO right back to str 10 with Promos. I lost 12 seasoned and promoted frontline units on that single GG before I quit trying. Then I lost 3 heavily promoted assassins to a Swordsman that had the Shamrock Promo.

Please do something about this very OP promo, please!

(And Yes I've posted this in several related threads because I have not found the Promotion thread, yet)

JosEPh

No I did not. I'm not sure if its using the xml tag oneup or if it's using python either. If using the tag, I could try to take a look into what's happening there... otherwise it's in the hands of the python programmers.

Turns out it's the Re-spawn promo not the Green warden (has the shamrock for it's icon). And the re-spawn was granted to a GG, swordsman, and one of my light crossbow.

EDIT: Can't reproduce it now that I upgraded to SVN 5456 this morning. :(

JosEPh

Well... I was trying to figure that out in the very limited time I had before going to work. It could be and I suspect it is. I'll take a look at that in the code and see if it can't be 'repaired' to only allow one respawn. However, I'm wondering if its supposed to be one respawn per round or one respawn entirely.

I didn't fully analyze his codes as I brought them in but apparently this one needs some investigation!

Footnote: if someone with some graphics skills wants to help us get REALLY tricksy, there is a tutorial on how to get promotions to change the specific graphics on a unit in the main Creation and Customization thread. I'm going to be perpetually too busy to adapt that in here but it would really be cool to see if some new modder wants to make that their specialty here as this Equipment system would work so nicely with that.​

If you need buttons, you might want to use those from Runescape:
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bronze_chain

They use different types of Weapons (Warhammer, Scimitar, Longsword, Sword, Dagger, Whip, Longbow, Crossbow and much more), Armour (Chainbody, Platebody, Kiteshild, Square Shild, Fullhelmet... made of different metals (Bronze, Iron, Steel [also Mithril, Adamantite...) or from other resoureces. There are leather armour, spiked leather armour and some special armour that is from metal not known in realworld, but the graphics looks nice.

I can have a look an search for usefull buttons in around a month if you like. Just let me know.​

They both look to be very good resources at least. Great finds guys... perhaps we WILL have to use pictures for these buttons. Still favoring the circular frame for equipments though. Later I'll take some of these pics and give you an example of what I'm talking about there.

I woul love to see promotions splited to categories with diffrent background with each promotion type

Example backgrounds

- skills - blue (like now)
- equipment - yellow
- morale and emotions, religious feelings - purple (like RI doctrines now)
- diseases - green
- damage, negative promos - red
- stack promotions- gray

Please note that we plan tohave hundreds of promos and with this background color system it will be easy to recognize what type of promo unit have.

As DH points out, background colors already have meaning.

Thus circular bases for equipments, square for skills, and octogons (stopsign shapes) for afflictions is what I'm planning to use. Then varying color bases in all three of those categories can maintain their OWN unique meanings by category.

Indeed currently the colors used are ...

- Blue = Common
- Green = Heroic
- Red = Field Generals
- Gray = Event Promotions
- Brown = Animal Promotions
- Purple = High Level Promotions and RI Conversions.

Note we also have ones that have graphics such as the futuristic promotions and I also have black background ones made for Nomad promotion if we ever get the Nomad Mod made.

If you open the list of all options in the worldbuilder there is a option for the equipment system but its not yet visible when you start a game

If anyone want to start to implement equipment on a limited part of the mod they can start with just the hunting units, rename the first one to "hunting party" and instead of upgraded versions the hunting party can get new equipment as the game progresses.
One line of promotions could be ranged weapons starting with thrown stones and up gradable to atals, bows, longbows matchlocks, flintlocks and rifles.

Has anything been done on the "Equipment" part yet??
I'm still about a month behind on bug reports. This is nowhere near the agenda at the moment.

Top Bottom