Civ 5 on Windows 8 (touch screen)

That's where I'm sitting at too Quimico01 wondering which tablet will best run Civ5. (And XCOM:EU) those are two games I'd like to be able to take and go with.

I played for a while today on my new Windows 8 touch enabled PC. My main complaint is that moving units is odd. You can right-click on a destination tile and it shows the path and number of moves but won't actually move a unit. You have to click on the move button then right click the destination. It's a small thing but I hate having to do an extra click to move units with the mouse and it's going to take some time to get used to dragging them onscreen rather than clicking to move.

Keeping in mind that what he's showing is a laptop that uses a touch screen.

Though, some of the newer tablets might be able to play Civ 5 in strategic mode, maybe.

You are the best civ player that I know of but you cant see that I'm mocking windows 8 LOL.

Do you count the Surface Pro as a tablet? It is, touch screen and all! It runs just fine, but I prefer my desktop for the larger monitor. Yes, I could hook up a bigger monitor, but it's no longer portable.

I have played on an airplane, and made the flight go by SUPER quick. I pretty much play standard size maps, and touchscreen on a plane is definitely easier.

I don't think many of us actually use touchscreen, and would've preferred the extra time to be spent on improving the AI, but it's different groups anyway.

Full Win8 tablets are expensive toys, two, three times more expensive than laptops (without touchscreen). Even if you get it, battery life still needs to be taken into consideration. Watching a youtube video draws significantly less power than playing a DX10 game that makes the GPU run at 100%.

I have a Dell XPS 12 convertible ultrabook and I've logged more than a 100 hours of CIV 5 (G&K) in touch screen tablet mode. I found the touch screen interface to be very easy to use and more enjoyable then the keyboard.

I'm currently playing Victoria 2 (while I await BNR) and wish it had a touch interface....

Top Bottom