Goddess of Protection

Pirate334

Chieftain
Goddess of Protection is a pantheon belief that provides +30% increase in range strength in a city. I'm creating this thread because I notice the AI likes to go for this one a lot, in fact it is often the first one founded. I personally try to go for something that will give me faith or culture or both. Does anyone ever pick this one? If so, why? And do you find it helping much? Also, if not, why does the AI love picking it so much?

Goddess of Protection is a pantheon belief that provides +30% increase in range strength in a city. I'm creating this thread because I notice the AI likes to go for this one a lot, in fact it is often the first one founded. I personally try to go for something that will give me faith or culture or both. Does anyone ever pick this one? If so, why? And do you find it helping much? Also, if not, why does the AI love picking it so much?

Well, if you spawn 10 tiles way from Ulundi, it might be worth it if you don't have anything more useful. But it goes always fast for some reason, so you should basicly never get this one.

Anywhere it might be useful, faith healers would be better.

Aren't both this and oligarchy applied as a non-promo combat bonus, so they wouldn't even be counted towards military power?

I think that this Pantheon is for people who are still learning how to prevent or combat Carpets of Doom from Aggressive AI's in the early game. As players learn over time how to keep enemy AI's completely out of striking range, I think this Pantheon becomes unnecessary.

I never pick it but I can't blame AI for taking it since... you know... we the players tend to kick the crap outta them :)

would you still do a CB rush on a civ that took this belief? does bringing extra meatshields completely negate the belief's power? if so, maybe this belief needs to be buffed.

would you still do a CB rush on a civ that took this belief? does bringing extra meatshields completely negate the belief's power? if so, maybe this belief needs to be buffed.

As long as your archers survive getting hit for 100hp from the city bombardment+garrison, everything is fine. If thats not the case - then you are simply too late to attack em :)

Archers fare fine. It's the siege weapons vs. Goddess of protection I worry about.

Top Bottom