Attila the Suicidal?

Toussj

Chieftain
So I'm playing a 6 player Terra Marathon King game as Rome...planning for a lot of wars. Only DomV and Science V are enabled, and I got my first warrior upgraded to a scout. On turn 3 I meet Attila. Turn 4 I meet Carthage on my left...so I'm between a back stabber and a frontstabber. Sounds fun! Our cities are far enough apart that we haven't een each other's yet. Everything is fine. Then on turn 5...Attila denounces me! The only incident that ever happened between us was our units discovering each other! The the next turn he comes to mock my empire. What's up with that? Does he just want to die? Is he tired of life? I'm just waiting for him to denounce other players so he gets wiped out (or for my Ballistas to do it for him).

...What's up with that? Does he just want to die? Is he tired of life?..
You didn't say what difficulty you're on but Attila on flat ground is devastating and I suggest you get your legions and not balistas out because I bet in 20 turns or so a horde of horse archers and battering rams are coming your way. When the war does come take it to rough ground as horse archers are pretty useless in rough terrain.

Attila is a little suicidal. They are an all or nothing civ. If they get that horde on flat land going early, they can be quite powerful. But if they can't get momentum early, I've seen them wither away because they won't keep up in the science race.

In a game my girl friend was playing lately he DoW on her just like 15 turns after he got out of a war with her and another AI... He barely had time to rebuilt... she easily took 3 cities including Atila's court and offering (agist my advice) peace every city she took at an amazing pace!

He delcined every times and in like 10 turns she took 3 cities and Idonesia took the other 2 and he was history!

So yes I would say that is personalility and the fact his UA and UUs push him to act fast, it makes him scuicidal, espicialy in the an AI hands.

You didn't say what difficulty you're on but Attila on flat ground is devastating and I suggest you get your legions and not balistas out because I bet in 20 turns or so a horde of horse archers and battering rams are coming your way. When the war does come take it to rough ground as horse archers are pretty useless in rough terrain.

Thanks for the advice...but I gave up, in the end. I was on flat land, surrounded by Attila, Dido the Backstabber, Maria the Other Backstabber, and Germany. They all DoW'd me in the first 30 turns or so...at once. 😵😵

Thanks for the good advice though...I won't forget!

There's your problem. ;)

HaHaHa
No love for Rome... not a big fan, but still I ind of like them... Lets say that 40% of you production are buildings, you basicaly have 10% production extra in all your non Cap cities...
Ok ok ok it blows!!

Well I meant because of their history with Attila, anyway.

hahahaha

I feel soooooo dumb!!
Edit: especialy since I make fun of poeple who fail seeing sarcasm or 2nd degree!!

Top Bottom