Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Saltylicous said:
The Teutons always seem to get really, really powerful...

Play the 2.5 patch... there are no Teutons and the barb cities are mroe balanced. Poland develops better like it should.

Gunner said:
I love the shamlessly ripped Paradox graphics.

So do I :). I hope you enjoy the game and let me know how it goes.

woodelf said:
Is it possible to make certain Leaders hate certain Leaders more?

I wish there was... but there isn't right now. If someone ever teaches me how to do events, I'd put in event wars to simulate this.

Ad Hominem said:
I can't wait to play this scenario, but mostly I'd love one with the Byzantines in... or to the scenarios!

Here's a little preview that should make you happy...

The first scenario is 1100 AD Europe (should be out late December). Here's the civ list... you'll notice that the Byzantines are, of course, in.

Kingdom of England
The Holy Roman Empire
Kingdom of France
Kingdom of Leon-Castile
Kingdom of Aragon
Byzantine Empire
The Papal States
Kingdom of Hungary
Kingdom of Poland
Prinipality of Kiev
Principality of Novgorod
Kingdom of Sweden
Kingdom of Denmark
Kingdom of Norway
Kingdom of Scotland
Republic of Venice
Kingdom of Croatia
Duchy of Bohemia

The scenarios will have different civics and new techs. Here's a preview of the different civics in the scenarios...

Note: The scenarios will be 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700 AD so that's why civics options are a bit limited and abstract.

Anybody with suggestions for techs please PM me!

hey i like this scenario a lot but its really almost unplayable without the flags put in. right now they are all blank and its so easy to mix up whos units are whos, plus it takes away a lot of the feel without flags put in. Do you plan on putting these in by chance. Other than that its perfect, awesome work.

I played more and found this errors:

Silk in england, silk is not native to Engalnd as far as I know. It was found in the far east.

Corn in Spain. Corn was first discovered in the americas and should be nowhere on this map, unless you want it to come with some tech like "North American Colonies" or something.

Also i can't understand why you would take the UU's. Can't you just put them back in? Its really more fun with them. For your custom civs just pick a UU from a civ thats not in the game. Or don't give them one. But if I play Spain I want the conquistador and England the redcoat etc.

Great work! I have just played version 2.5 for the first time and I am very impressed. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think the mod would be great to play with my friends, but as far as I understand it is limited to singleplay only.

Will there be a multiplay version? (or am I missing something?)

lifeaquatic said:
hey i like this scenario a lot but its really almost unplayable without the flags put in.

I'm glad you like it. The flags are in... did you install the game folders from 2.0, too? Also, on some graphics cards (like my brother's) they will not display. You can thank the wonderful game designers for that - isn't a resource-draining 3D TBS is a great idea ;)!

Anyone else have problems with the flags displaying properly?

lifeaquatic said:
I played more and found this errors...

Yes, I understand that there's no silk in England and that corn is only in the New World. However, taking out non-European resources would just leave a few left (luxuries would just be gold, silver, and beavers) and that wouldn't be too fun. In the future, there'll be colony wonders that provide resources, but that'll be a while from now. Thanks for the feedback.

Sadistik said:
Teutonic Order is a bit of a waste. I'd rather see Portugal or a Balkan entity.

Play v2.5... there's no Teutonic Order. Or, wait for the scenarios.

AG - Any thoughts to tweaking Italy further. They are absolutely spanking everyone in my current game, Prince level. It's around 1600AD and they have a minimum 5 tech, 300 point lead. They're cranking out more GPs than the other 9 civs (myself included) combined! It has to be the marble/stone thingie..... Short of removing a stone or adding a Civ closer to give them some headaches I'm not sure what can be done. Spain is too far away and Austria tends to head east and north, avoiding the mountains to the southwest. Ideas?

lifeaquatic said:
i did install the files, the flags have always worked before...whats causing this error?
wolfman1234 said:
Yes, me, i see all flags in white.

It works fine on my machine... this is wierd. Here are some questions that can help us solve this... Have you guys tried any of the other added civs mods or anything? Do other custom flags work for you? Do you get any other graphical errors in the regular, unmodded game? Do you see the flags in the WWII scenario that comes with the game?

I'm sorry the flags aren't working for you... this is a bummer. Hopefully, we'll be able to figure something out.

woodelf said:

In the scenarios I'm taking away a lot of Italy's resources and giving them less grasslands. BTW, do you see the flags on your machine? Or am I just crazy?

The flags are fine with me.

Once you release the "final" version of the map I might remove the stone near Italy. I think they'll be fine with just 2 marbles. ;)

Or I'll simply rename it EuropaEurope2....

I think it would be a awsome idea to add a bunch of more civs like celts, portugese, carthage,austrians, prussia and such. Europe, in history, WAS a crowded clash of different civilizations fighting for land and that would make it more real/fun. However if there were up to 20 civs, it would be good to slow down techs and lengthen game to lead to more military units being produced and more time for them to conquer the map.

On my comp i always do duel size on terra with like 20 civs. Kinda like Europe then eventually discovering America. Everyone usually has one or two cities and capturing one means a big deal. THis seems like it would be more like Europe and it would be cool if you could implement it into your mod :p

Well there are a lot of barb cities that do quite well for themselves. Granted they aren't civs, but most of those countries are represented. :)

afireinside said:
I think it would be a awsome idea to add a bunch of more civs like celts, portugese, carthage,austrians, prussia and such. Europe, in history, WAS a crowded clash of different civilizations fighting for land and that would make it more real/fun. However if there were up to 20 civs, it would be good to slow down techs and lengthen game to lead to more military units being produced and more time for them to conquer the map.

On my comp i always do duel size on terra with like 20 civs. Kinda like Europe then eventually discovering America. Everyone usually has one or two cities and capturing one means a big deal. THis seems like it would be more like Europe and it would be cool if you could implement it into your mod :p

I agree, but too bad Civ4 is designed so that you can't have more than 18 civs, and any more than about 8 on a Standard map crashes to desktop... ;)

Hey, here is a map of my play-test of EE v2.5
played on Prince, with Austria

I like it so far, very much! :)
I have founded Catholicism in BC 160 and now spread it!
Orthodox was founded just now in AD 560.

Attachments

• EE-570.JPG
    EE-570.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 582
An idea:
perhaps there should be a tweaking of the Wonders and not having non-Eu ones...

but maybe it is already under tweaking? :)

Top Bottom