Oppressive empires - a false argument of liberals?

Name them.
We're a handful of pages past "decolonising Russia" (in the Russia thread) - you were even involved. Never did give your actual opinion on it, but it's a relief to hear that you're against it.

Last edited:
We're a handful of pages past "decolonising Russia" - you were even involved. Never did give your actual opinion on it, but it's a relief to hear that you're against it.
I would have though you would at least name the obvious one – Ukraine, under the circumstances. But beyond that there aren't really anyone who, under the circumstances, have the least interest or intention of invading Russia.

Given the amount of clouding of the waters over Russia's border Moscow has already engaged in, you could also marshall those Russian neighbours graced by frozen conflicts – like Moldova and Georgia. But I guess that might undercut the point you seem to want to make?

I would have though you would at least name the obvious one – Ukraine, under the circumstances. But beyond that there aren't really anyone who, under the circumstances, have the least interest or intention of invading Russia.

Given the amount of clouding of the waters over Russia's border Moscow has already engaged in, you could also marshall those Russian neighbours graced by frozen conflicts – like Moldova and Georgia. But I guess that might undercut the point you seem to want to make?
I was talking about people, not countries. Maybe that's the dissonance in your attempted gotcha?

You're the one who said "nobody", after all. Angst seemed to interpret it the same way I did.

I understood “nobody” to not be literal zero, but rather that any proposed invasion of Russia would be … insane? impossible? Pick any one, or both!

ı recommend people to take notice the defanging of Israel taking place currently . It is some peculiar objection and whatnot to some glorious destruction of Iran and so on . The number of countries that will support an invasion of Russia is like 140 or so . When it is somebody else who does the invasion and dying .

oh , wait , ı do not recommend people anything . Easy to offend some ; will it be the third thread , or the fourth ? Where the U word creates an obligation to call the moderators ...

Russia can't fall until it helps restore the Byzantine oppressive empire. Helped by paradox games promoting unwittingly enabling byzantinophilia :hmm:
Because the only thing they consciously promote is Hitler/Kaiser.

"Invading Russia" is Big Lie territory. Like right in the middle of it.

them Democrats will not accept those who defend them due to American Patriotism , but then it is not my fight . Nor my invasion . So , like , whatever .

President Bonespurs wouldn't either. That's class not party. They like to pretend it's party, tho.

If there is anything that ı should say this way or the other , sorry , ı don't understand the statement .

I certainly think from a political party or government, it's unimaginable.

Then again folks said that about Ukraine being invaded in the first place. You can't ever say never when it comes to geopolitical interests protecting their own interests. But it does look impossibly unlikely at this stage.

People, on the other hand. People float the idea enough of the time.

I certainly think from a political party or government, it's unimaginable.

Then again folks said that about Ukraine being invaded in the first place. You can't ever say never when it comes to geopolitical interests protecting their own interests. But it does look impossibly unlikely at this stage.

People, on the other hand. People float the idea enough of the time.

So you are telling complete porkies. Invade a country with 6k nukes.

There's always something like a 20% more or less disgruntled minority in any society. A portion of that claims it want's "radical solutions" to whatever. A portion of that would be fine with war, since it will shake things up, beginning with the society they are disgruntled with. A small minority actively wants society and law to break down, since they feel chaos would favour them. In any society.

wasn't it Free Russians who used to blow up stuff inside Russia ? Those said to be Polish by Moscow and patriotic Russian rebels by the West ? Despite big talk about nuclear weapons by Russia and how they wouldn't even go off by the West ? Yes , invading a country with 6K nukes is no different from a country with 0.0K nukes . All you have to do is convincing the people that they will be watching it on TV and will not suffer anything at all .

and an answer , even before posting the post . Say , them agents of chaos , the West will not support them when they capture some arms depot , or convince Wagner to rebel or anything ?

wasn't it Free Russians who used to blow up stuff inside Russia ? Those said to be Polish by Moscow and patriotic Russian by the West ? Despite big talk about nuclear weapons by Russia and how they wouldn't even go off by the West ? Yes , invading a country with 6K nukes is no different from a country with 0.0K nukes . All you have to do is convincing the people that they will be watching it on TV and will not suffer anything at all .
Word is the US got pretty darn cross with Kiev and told it to call off that kind of thing.

Kind of gives the lie to Gorbles assertion about wanting to invade Russia. Ukraine wouldn't mind – but they are in the process of being invaded by Russa, so the score works different for them.

yes , am sure of that . And it has got nothing to do with professional drone coverage and Su-27s on standby .

You claimed people want to invade Russia your words.
jesus christ zard.

you outlined to gorbles why invading russia was insane, because nukes.

none of us said otherwise. gorbles (and most people) agree this is insane. even the people that think invading things work mostly think it's insane. (i neither think invading is an option for stability, and nukes in the picture does naturally not make the situation smoother.)

some people still argue that russia should be attacked in some way. methods vary (fantasies of tech that doesn't exist, insistence that they won't nuke, proxy war, or just sheer baffling indifference to nuclear war, etc) but they exist.

none of us said these people were the majority or that the idea was sane. please read what people write.

the idea that russia is going to be invaded is largely a fantasy of russians and a fantasy of a tiny minority of westerners.

admittedly - sourcing it is difficult over a 5 min google for me, because "invasion of russia" or "why we should invade russia" or whatever just returns majority topics on the invasion of ukraine because google optimization. but it shows up in the media sometimes, because such ridiculous calls is good for web clicks. but i've seen it. it's rare, but common enough to show up. none of us are overstating the number of these people. none of us are claiming even most of them are presenting their actual opinion (i don't know whether the "pro-invaders" firing up their base by lying about this crap, or actually meaning it, is worse). and ukraine news have been on a sad decline since the media high of the first year or so. but i dunno man if you watched or read any news during that time... i'm really surprised you haven't stumbled upon it. just heard crazy people push for it in lived life too (anecdotical, yea, but they exist).

are they relevant? often not, but they exist. is the idea sane? no, but they exist. will we attack russia? no, but they exist. does it legitimize russian paranoia? no, but they exist.

that's what we wrote. come on man

Last edited:
Top Bottom