Caveman2Cosmos

Sorry if this question's very newbie, but what are the installation instructions? I'm not sure where I unzip the contents of the second zip file to.

Sorry if this question's very newbie, but what are the installation instructions? I'm not sure where I unzip the contents of the second zip file to.

Just override the first copy with the second copy, thats it.

Is part 2 still in the works? Is there any point to just downloading the first part of a new version? Will it work without the second part? And what's contained in each part? Game changes in part 1 and graphics updates in part2?

Is part 2 still in the works? Is there any point to just downloading the first part of a new version? Will it work without the second part? And what's contained in each part? Game changes in part 1 and graphics updates in part2?

OK brand NEW parts 1 & 2 are up, and you MUST have both.

Excellent! So we just unzip both to the same location as v22? I always look forward to new stuff in all of the new versions! This is an awesome mod!

Oh! Will saved games still work with v23? And how much of v23 is in the VERY prehistoric period? Will I be missing out on a bunch of new stuff if I load a saved game that's near the end of the prehistoric era?

Uh oh! After downloading v23, I can't even get c2c to start up at all! Is there a patch or something that I missed. I downloaded parts 1 &2, put them into my BTS mods folder (overwriting the previous version) and then tried to start it up...nothing.

Uh oh! After downloading v23, I can't even get c2c to start up at all! Is there a patch or something that I missed. I downloaded parts 1 &2, put them into my BTS mods folder (overwriting the previous version) and then tried to start it up...nothing.

Did you take C2C itself out of the one marked Part 1 and Part 2. Then combine them both?

Did you take C2C itself out of the one marked Part 1 and Part 2. Then combine them both?

Ooof! I DID NOT do that! :blush:

I just did an extract... and put each extraction into the location of v22.

So to remedy, I extracted each to desktop, pulled out the c2c from part one onto the desktop, pulled out the c2c from part 2 and dropped it into part one and then dropped THAT folder into the mods location, telling it to replace all of the files it encountered with same file names. Is that correct?

Wow! Civ4 stuff is still so new to me! I was so used to Civ3!

Ooof! I DID NOT do that! :blush:

I just did an extract... and put each extraction into the location of v22.

So to remedy, I extracted each to desktop, pulled out the c2c from part one onto the desktop, pulled out the c2c from part 2 and dropped it into part one and then dropped THAT folder into the mods location, telling it to replace all of the files it encountered with same file names. Is that correct?

Wow! Civ4 stuff is still so new to me! I was so used to Civ3!

Well its actually the servers fault that we did it this way this time, usually is=ts all in ONE package, but i could not get Atomic Gamer , SourceForge and JumboUpload to work properly:blush:

Should look like the attached:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11490807&postcount=6032

I can't play a random map - it auto-exits on the next turn...
But I CAN play scenarios...
I'm using the torrent single-file.
Which brings me to the suggestion that you should always use a back-up torrent file for downloads - it's WAY better than any sites you were using so far.
I love your mod - I RARed all the others, and my Civ4 now starts directly into C2C.:goodjob:

I have download C2C but the mod doesn't play : I look the civilopedia and tere isn't any modifications.
Is it my pc? I have :

DELL Inspiron N7110
Windows 7 Pack 1

Evaluation de performances : 4,9 (6,6 graphiques de jeu)
Processeur : Intel® Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
RAM : 6.00 Go
Système d’exploitation 64 bits

Ecran 1600x900
32bits
60HZ

Is it the version?
Thanks

I have download C2C but the mod doesn't play : I look the civilopedia and tere isn't any modifications.
Is it my pc? I have :

DELL Inspiron N7110
Windows 7 Pack 1

Ecran 1600x900
32bits
60HZ

Is it the version?
Thanks

Did you look at post 111 above here?

Is it my pc? I have :

DELL Inspiron N7110
Windows 7 Pack 1

Ecran 1600x900
32bits
60HZ

Is it the version?
Thanks

Since you can't play RoM or C2C it suggests that maybe you don't have version 3.19 of Beyond the Sword. See here for the patch.

Since you can't play RoM or C2C it suggests that maybe you don't have version 3.19 of Beyond the Sword. See here for the patch.

As far as ROM goes, it takes almost 15 minutes (and that's just to get to the main menu) to load for me, so there's that. It wouldn't explain why C2C doesn't work for him, however.

As far as ROM goes, it takes almost 15 minutes (and that's just to get to the main menu) to load for me, so there's that. It wouldn't explain why C2C doesn't work for him, however.

15 minutes to load RoM or AND? Do you have earlier versions of those mods in your c:...Program Files\....BtS\Mods folder? And your Not trying to play the mod out of the My Documents path are you?

JosEPh

Sometimes on an OLDER PC yes, it does take the very 1st TIME to load, but after that if you leave your PC on, it takes less than a minute from then on, and alot of times less than 30 seconds.

Top Bottom