Blue Monkey's WIPs & Requests Queue

Blue Monkey

Archon Without Portfolio
I’m trying to make a list of all the work I’ve committed to do for others, as well as organize what I’m working on for myself. I’m sure I’ve left some things out - this first post should continually evolve.

I’ve tried to visually code everything to show what stage each little project is at:
conceptual stage
tinkering (back burner)

WIPs

my own projects

discussion/posts in other threads

* (higher priority at the moment)
Use this thread to request something, to comment on my WIPs that don’t have their own thread, or let me know what you’ve requested here or elsewhere is urgent because of the stage your own work is at.

Techs & Wonders
MesoAmerica
East Asia
SF techs

Mods in Process
Bharata Varsha
*SteamPunk (“Sceptre & Orbs” Map, techs, wonder splashes, pedia entries)

Maps
MesoAmerica
Oceania
World of Tiers
Earthsea
Jiang Hu (Wuxia)
Nomads

Terrain
Wuxia
Sky/Clouds (LM Seas?)
*Martian Badlands

Potential Mods
Alice (Checkerboard map)
Secret History of the World
Silk Roads
Triumph of the Nomads
Oceania
*Super Secret Science Fiction Scenario Starter Kit (nearing completion)
World of Tiers
Delta Blues

Thread work
*Indian Unit Concept Art- finish galleries & add notes
Bharata Varsha Bazaar update - check & add external links, post links to relevant posts in other threads
Reposts of my previous work, thematically organized - to be done as requested
Map-making Chautauqua

Other
Learn Poser & make some units

I would totally dig an Earthsea map. I'm on Tehanu for the second time, and i'll be onto The Other Wind and Tales from Earthsea soon! :D

I would totally dig an Earthsea map. I'm on Tehanu for the second time, and i'll be onto The Other Wind and Tales from Earthsea soon! :D
One of my favorite series as well. A good place to use that wonderful dragon Orthanc made.

I've got a suitable source map from which to construct it & it'll get done. It's got to be a lower priority than the SP map & the map for my BV mod, though.

Naturally :)

All in it's own time!

I do look forward to it. Perhaps even a rudimentary scenario could be drawn up!

If you're not excessively bogged down in work and real-life concerns (which I am these days, unfortunately :crazyeye: ), I'd like to request a title screen for the "Ambition: Wake of the Tiger" mod set in the Korean Three Kingdoms era. :)

If you're not excessively bogged down in work and real-life concerns (which I am these days, unfortunately :crazyeye: ), I'd like to request a title screen for the "Ambition: Wake of the Tiger" mod set in the Korean Three Kingdoms era. :)
Just saw your post on my way to bed. I'll take a look at your thread tomorrow & see what we can do.

I'm intrigued by this one :)
Yeah, me too.:p

I was wondering when someone would notice that one.

It's got - realistically - about 10-15 hours intense work for the following (all of which are in some stage of actual sweat equity) to be postable:
  • a very unusual map
  • some tech & wonder pcxs
  • some starts on resource & LM Ts
  • some links to suitable available units
  • some concept art for other units & pointers to where some models/props can be had
  • some civ suggestions - including some ideas for unique game play / goals
And an overarching concept (combining creations of three of my favorite SF series*) that I think will be intriguing enough for one of our excellent mod-makers to take this kick-start & make something I'd like to play, but won't have the time or skill to make until way further down the road.

Spoiler :

Which series you ask?
I love playing games, I have a passion for old movies, and I hope I live long enough to be more than a dilettante in all of my interests & go on a walkabout that Sir John Mandeville would envy.
:mischief:

The only clue I'll give as to the specifics of the starter kit is that one of the early icons I posted, which did respectably well in the monthly poll, could serve as an "era zero" tech.
:coffee:

thumbnail

Knowing nothing about the period, this is what I could find.

Personally I would like the top picture of the Hwarang - except that all the versions I could locate on the web were so small that they become excessively blurry at the title screen size. If you could point me towards a larger (roughly 1200 x 1000 or +) posted image, or recommend a good color image in a book that I can scan at high resolution I'd like to take another crack at it.

The middle picture, of the Silla Cheonmado, suffers from the same blurriness, but being more abstract it may work better.

The battle scene on the bottom turned out the best so far.

none of these have had the palette indexed yet. If you like one of them I can add on the title screen overlays. If you want something other than "Civilization: Conquests" as the actual title post the wording you want. On the other hand if there is another image you prefer, point me to it.

:coffee:

Here's another pic that could work:

It's not as dramatic as the other ones you've shown, but it's huge. Personally, I think your selections are quite nice enough. Maybe the last one of your three would be the better option.

If it comes down to it, there are of course a few dramas and movies based on the Three Kingdoms period - Hwangsanbyeol, Taewangsasingi, Jumong, etc.

Other than the usual Civilization III: Conquests title, there should also be the mod title "Ambition: Wake of the Tiger" in the screen.

If it comes down to it, there are of course a few dramas and movies based on the Three Kingdoms period - Hwangsanbyeol, Taewangsasingi, Jumong, etc.
The difficulty is that my available time is already taken up doing that type of image mining for the Steampunk Mod & my Indian work. As you see below I can happily work with a raw image forwarded to me.
Here's another pic that could work
It's not as dramatic as the other ones you've shown, but it's huge.
It's large, but not in the proper dimension. A standard title screen is 1024 X 768, but that image is only 800 wide. I quickly enlarged it, then superimposed a box to show you a sample of what could be a resultant title screen. The preview is 50% of the actual result. I'd be happy to work with this image if you want. One possibility would be to do a tighter crop on the rider & front of the horse.

On the gripping hand -
Personally, I think your selections are quite nice enough. Maybe the last one of your three would be the better option.
I'll go with that one, at least for now.
Other than the usual Civilization III: Conquests title, there should also be the mod title "Ambition: Wake of the Tiger" in the screen.
How's this for a font selection & relative size? Color, placement, etc. will of course change.

The font is good. I'd like to have "Ambition" written in all caps. I think the font color should be similar (but darker) to the scribble in the original pic.

Out of curiosity Blue Monkey, where do you generally get your fonts?

Wow you are busy and now you've gone and made it public so people will hold you to everything and want to add more and more to your list ;)

Selfishly, I have a very keen interest in your Steampunk work but the SSSFSSK intrigues me too.

The font is good. I'd like to have "Ambition" written in all caps. I think the font color should be similar (but darker) to the scribble in the original pic.
Done & done.
Out of curiosity Blue Monkey, where do you generally get your fonts?
I googled free font downloads. Unfortunately I can't remember where I got any specific one. The two in use here are "Pendragon" & "Present", in the Steampunk stuff I use "Folkard", along with "Nouveau" and occassionally "Wizard".
Wow you are busy and now you've gone and made it public so people will hold you to everything and want to add more and more to your list
It seems to have taken a mere two months for anyone to notice. I posted this precisely so that people I'm working with can remind me what should be on the front burner.
Selfishly, I have a very keen interest in your Steampunk work but the SSSFSSK intrigues me too.
SP is top of my list right now. I also need to take a break once in a while to let the back brain work. That's when I do something like start paying Ogedei back for all the wonderful Indian buildings.

I googled free font downloads. Unfortunately I can't remember where I got any specific one. The two in use here are "Pendragon" & "Present", in the Steampunk stuff I use "Folkard", along with "Nouveau" and occassionally "Wizard".

Thanks for the info. It's mainly the names I was interested in anyway.

I liked the "large" titelscreen from Ogedei and gave it a try...
in the attachment is a zip with the pcx...

Attachments

• korean_titel.zip
    259 KB · Views: 46
I liked the "large" titelscreen from Ogedei and gave it a try...
in the attachment is a zip with the pcx...
If Ogedei likes that, run with it. You just need a graphics program that can handle layers - then layer the Title Screen Template over it.

Top Bottom