Welcome to Rhye's and Fall: Greek World (Revived)

It would be nice to have conditional spawns, like DOC does IIRC, for civs like the Byzantines, Sassanids and possibly some others (I was thinking of Palmyra under Zenobia). Otherwise you have some civs that essentially spawn on top of other civs (e.g. Sassanids on top of Persia) and others that have cores that make them too small to survive (e.g. Byzantines). It might be technically difficult though.

Thanks!

On the opposite end, what about collapsing certain civs? In my Hittite test game (pretty fun game, good difficulty and fun until the Athens flip ruined me) Mycenae, Minoans, and IVC were all relatively stable and strong well past their historical collapse. Sumeria did collapse, at least.

Thanks!

On the opposite end, what about collapsing certain civs? In my Hittite test game (pretty fun game, good difficulty and fun until the Athens flip ruined me) Mycenae, Minoans, and IVC were all relatively stable and strong well past their historical collapse. Sumeria did collapse, at least.

Civs in my games have mostly been collapsing okay. I've never actually seen Mycenae surivive the Bronze Age Collapse. Minoa does tend to survive way too long, but they don't tend to do much so its not a big issue. IVC if they survive the Aryan invasion do tend to last too long and get too powerful, but do tend to collapse soon after Bacterians spawn. If I can work out where it is programmed, I will up the instability which occurs once empires have gone beyond their historical time period.

It would be nice to have conditional spawns, like DOC does IIRC, for civs like the Byzantines, Sassanids and possibly some others (I was thinking of Palmyra under Zenobia). Otherwise you have some civs that essentially spawn on top of other civs (e.g. Sassanids on top of Persia) and others that have cores that make them too small to survive (e.g. Byzantines). It might be technically difficult though.

Yeah, I very much want to get the conditional spawns implemented. Problem is there are no guides for implementing this, so it will be tough. If I can't get it implemented, it will very much limit how many more civs can be added.

Civs in my games have mostly been collapsing okay. I've never actually seen Mycenae surivive the Bronze Age Collapse. Minoa does tend to survive way too long, but they don't tend to do much so its not a big issue. IVC if they survive the Aryan invasion do tend to last too long and get too powerful, but do tend to collapse soon after Bacterians spawn. If I can work out where it is programmed, I will up the instability which occurs once empires have gone beyond their historical time period.

Okay, seems fifty/fifty in my games for Mycenae survival so far—keep in mind my small sample size!

Quick fix thing: the Wheat near Ur is unimproveable without Biology. That seems to be unintentional?

Can we get some UHVs for at least some Civs up soon? I have no mod-fu and am paying nothing for the mod of course, so I'll understand if you tell me to get lost. I'd be happy to assist with UHV ideas, and playtesting...

Adding the UHVs is a high priority. The only problem is that they are not functional currently. So I have to work out what the problem is and how to fix it, before I can start adding the UHVs. Fingers crossed that the problem with them isn't anything too complex. :undecide:

Had time to play more of this...

Egypt is very overpowered in my opinion. They can finish the tech tree and move onto the “modern techs” still in the game very early (which I think are supposed to be inaccessible anyway), they build most if not all of the wonders, and so on. Their only weakness is being fairly unstable, which works for me since I can invade them as Carthage :lol:

Indus Valley is similarly overpowered, although the Mauryan spawn helps a lot. Honestly Indus should just collapse into Indy states early on, like before most of the other civs even spawn in my opinion...

One thing I’d totally like to see in the long term is gigantic conqueror events for both Macedonia and Rome to allow Macedonia to at least conquer Anatolia and Persia and Rome to conquer most of the Mediterranean...

They can finish the tech tree and move onto the “modern techs” still in the game very early (which I think are supposed to be inaccessible anyway),
Hmmm, that's definitely not meant to happen. :think:

Indus Valley is similarly overpowered, although the Mauryan spawn helps a lot. Honestly Indus should just collapse into Indy states early on, like before most of the other civs even spawn in my opinion...
I've been working on making it more likely the early powers such as Indus Valley collapse in the next release. It is improved, though will continue to work on it in subsequent releases.

One thing I’d totally like to see in the long term is gigantic conqueror events for both Macedonia and Rome to allow Macedonia to at least conquer Anatolia and Persia and Rome to conquer most of the Mediterranean...
The next release features new historical spawns for Rome, Macedonia, and Carthage, as well as new spawns to improve how the Celts play. They work to varying degrees (linked to the fact even if the AI gets a boost of units, they don't necessarily choose to do anything with it). The mod would probably perform better if merged with K-Mod to make the AI more aggressive. :hmm:

Hmmm, that's definitely not meant to happen. :think:

Well, now that I think about it I’m not confident the Egyptians were accessing the techs; I just remember seeing that they had built the Statue of Liberty :lol:

So maybe it’s just Democracy that needs the SoL taken off of it?

I've been working on making it more likely the early powers such as Indus Valley collapse in the next release. It is improved, though will continue to work on it in subsequent releases.

Awesome! Yeah, as long as they’re more likely than not to collapse it’s fine by me.

The next release features new historical spawns for Rome, Macedonia, and Carthage, as well as new spawns to improve how the Celts play. They work to varying degrees (linked to the fact even if the AI gets a boost of units, they don't necessarily choose to do anything with it). The mod would probably perform better if merged with K-Mod to make the AI more aggressive. :hmm:

I look forward to it!

I’d love to see K-Mod merged in, but I know that’s a lot of work...

Important Information at RFC GW 1.20!
Version 1.2 which I am about to release features a new 900 BC scenario. This scenario features a bug which creates a settler and spearman erroneously. If you select a civilization which spawns in 900 BC or earlier the only issue is whether you decide to keep the extra units or not. If you select from the main menu a civilization which spawns after 900 BC then you will have to press escape and then delete the units, then your civ will spawn as normal. If you change civs during the game the bug should not be an issue.

Last edited:
RFC GW 1.20 Released!
Features include:

Unique units for all civilizations
Unique buildings for all civilizations
2 new wonders
A 900 BC Scenario
Historical spawn for historical events like Hannibal & Alexander the Great
More barbarian spawns
New images for main screen and loading screen
AI War Maps updated

Fixes include:
Making all the old Settler maps compatible
Being able to irrigate flood plains
Statue of Liberty no longer on tech tree

You can download it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rfc-greek-world-revived/files/RFC Greek World 1.20.7z/download

Last edited:
so Hi. Just download the mod, still pretty much underdeveloped here. What turns me off is that the Persian Gulf looks so weird as if there's no gulf at all. Also I noticed that the map cuts off most of India, so i don't really think putting Maurya as a playable civ makes much sense (an "independent" civ makes more sense). Because you can't really make any UHV's with it. (Maurya conquered most of India but the map only allows like 2-3 cities)...Also I can't load the Maurya spawn time anyway, the turns don't change I pressed escaped and it spawned me in 896BC.

I can't load the Maurya spawn time anyway, the turns don't change I pressed escaped and it spawned me in 896BC.
The 900 BC scenario features a bug which creates a settler and spearman erroneously. If you select a civilization which spawns in 900 BC or earlier the only issue is whether you decide to keep the extra units or not. If you select from the main menu a civilization which spawns after 900 BC then you will have to press escape and then delete the units, then your civ will spawn as normal. If you change civs during the game the bug should not be an issue

so Hi. Just download the mod, still pretty much underdeveloped here.
To quote Spaceman98 when he was working on this mod "This was meant to be a community mod, however I have continued its development on my own after the community effort died. I am an amateur modder, so I appoligize for errors."

Also I noticed that the map cuts off most of India, so i don't really think putting Maurya as a playable civ makes much sense
I may expand the map eastward, however as the mod is "pretty much underdeveloped here" it probably wont be a priority! :dunno:

I've modified the soundtrack for the mod. I was going to use music from Age of Mythology, but was worried I was going to fall foul of copywrite laws! Despite having to give up on the AoM inspired soundtrack, I still think the new soundtrack is pretty good, and compliments the mood of the mod well. :cool:

What should I name the folder of the Mod? It seems that I named it wrongly so the mod isn't working properly for me.

This is the pathway and name I have for it.
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Greek World 1.3

Top Bottom