Something Silly

Generalissimo

Chieftain
I was playing single player regent PTW when this silly thing happend. I moved about 10 bombers from one of my cities to a newly conqured one and i just kept hitting shirt+R and then clicking on the city. I got done moving the 10 and the game took me to my next bomber, which i quickly reasigned to the sea by mistake! I tried to repeat this by assigning another bomber into the ocean but it won't work again. During the next turn I was able to use the bomber like it was in a city, even bomb a nearby ironclad.

Strange stuff man.

Attachments

• bomber.jpg
    bomber.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 191
Did you by any chance happen to be using the arrow keys? You can do strange things with 'em. If you bombard with artillery, and then move the map using the arrow keys, you can bombard any square. I'm guessing that it's the same thing with the rebase function; if you select a city for the bomber and then use the arrow keys, you can rebase them anywhere on the map.

Beware, however, of rebasing them just about anywhere. They will be vulnerable to any units if they are out in the open, and will die in a single hit.

I didn't use arrow keys. I think it had something to do with the map recentering on the new bomber and before it did That I already gave it rebasing orders. Not exactly sure.

Yeah, that could've been it. It would've probably been the same effect as with the arrows. It just doesn't update wether or not that space is valid or not, and just allows it.

I'm too lazy to send it for a SOTD, you can if you want. Thanks Jack for the J thing. I'll have to use that now because moving 20+ bombers from city to city tends to get a little dull.

Originally posted by Fanny Brice
Actually, something like this was a SOTD a few weeks back.

but it was not a bomber...it was a modern armor

I think this is a bug similar to what I reported here.

Were you clicking rapidly?

Top Bottom