C2C SVN Changelog

OK, I've been listening to the community and did some testing of my own which has led to:
  • Adds new building, Community Discussions, that gives +1 Education and is available at the Language Tech (Still needs a new button as it uses the Knowledge Inheritance button at the moment.)

• Adjusts the Palace to give +1 Education

• Adjusts the first rung of all Might Promotions to require 3rd level

• Attempts to debug the 'ghost unit' bug (time will tell if the errors corrected fix that particular issue.)

• Re-enables Sleep mission on units that can also make Escape plans and Establish a base of operations

• Made Techs Judaism and Zorocasterism in the Ancient Era so you don't get into the classic era way before Classical Lifestyle.
  • Changed the Biodome wonder python to on CityTurn
  • Lots of amendments to Myths etc. Mostly adding them to existing animals.

New Great People screen system

I tested it but still I hope everything will be ok because it biggest component I made for C2C.

Tnx Platy, DH and TB for helping me with this monstrosity :)

Side notes:
1. For a while old GP screens file are stay. If everything will be ok then I remove them in a next few days.
2. New system include Admirals. Also hunters got much more new persons to spawn.
3. In the end new screens have ~50Mbs. Old ones = 150Mbs.

• Made Techs Judaism and Zorocasterism in the Ancient Era so you don't get into the classic era way before Classical Lifestyle.
  • Changed the Biodome wonder python to on CityTurn
  • Lots of amendments to Myths etc. Mostly adding them to existing animals.

Loaded up latest version and am receiving multiple XML errors related to myths. See attached images for clarification, as I am not versed in this strange language.

Attachments

• Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    293.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    374.4 KB · Views: 87
Looks like the sync or commit missed something. Sorry about that. Thanks for the pics it helps identify what is missing.

8154 fixed 8152

I forgot to tick the add new stuff box when I did the commit. :blush:

8155 & 8156

Change the new GP display to modular python. This does not fix the missing art just stops the python problems.

edit yet another update coming to fix this. I did not realise that the old code had been removed which explains why I was getting two sets of screens. Doing a final test now.

Some python fixes to Great People display and Animal Placing.

BTW Sparth the new screen looks good. Only seen the Great Prophet so far.:goodjob:

I was trying to find what had changed regarding the screens but I'm not sure what I'm looking for?

• Implemented new heal by combat class tags on buildings and adjusted (which in most cases means removed) the heal rate tags on existing buildings. If anyone wants to see the full breakdown let me know and I can post it in an online spreadsheet.

• Fixed a minor code issue I realized I changed incorrectly on last commit

So the last thing to do with the healing by combat class project would be to implement some new AI structures to support it. I also want to get the Charge Up sleep mission and a few promotions to back it up.

Then debug what can be debugged and that should be it before release for me.

Yeah, well, no worries there mate! I might've listed few things before I'd be ready but those few things may take a while to complete and if other team members aren't ready I can always keep working on the naval stuff - might be able to squeeze that in before release too if given enough time. I always wanted to include that during this cycle but the healing by combat class rabbit trail proved a bit deeper than I figured it would be so I was thinking others might be wondering if I'd ever be getting close to readiness here.

Some more Myths etc
Tree Sloth added to South American region.

Argh - looks like I may have added some compressed files by accident. I'll remove them asap.

8161 - removed excess compressed files - they were some of the animals I need to add from Hydro.

fixed art problem with GP screens

- some cleaning work in GreatPeopleScreen.py
- fixed one small bug in GP text file

I have 8164 revision. No city screen, everything like panel with current year, possible actions etc. everything is missing.
Edited:
i reloaded aplication and loaded save and it seems fine now. It seems problem occurs when new game is created.

- removed old GP dds files
- changed models group size to 1 for police car, humvee and jeep

• Adjusts the bonuses on Might Promotions to be much lower and the level prereq up to 5

• Adjusts the Educate promotions, pulling back on their added effects significantly

• Adds new mission, Build Up, which allows the unit to select a valid 'build up promotionline' and, as an alternative to fortification, receive the next level of promotion along that line for each round they stay building up (up to 5)

• Adds 6 new Build Up Promotionline sets - Chase Plans, Crime Fighting, Disease Control, Set For Charge, Teaching, and Trap Hunting (These are somewhere to start from - I'm sure the community will think of more ;) )
The Build Up modification is actually a terrifically complex mod but it went in fairly easily and I don't think it's adding much slowdown at all (Alberts - you're invited to review this coding! There may be some oversights and better ways to approach things here but I think I did it fairly well streamlined. I know this adds some memory to units (I know) but it will allow me to merge some other effects into the mechanism and reduce some memory there later... In fact, this has given me a few ideas as to how we can condense some other things eating up memory on units.)

Anyhow, this should add a nice strategic depth. See what y'all think :) (BTW, you get a few extras on Fight or Flight.)

AI for this and for healers is next on the agenda. (Though I think there's some random debug projects to attend to first...)

• Some adjustments to city defense AI to get the AI to consider having more city defense guarding their cities.

• A correction that allows for fortification bonuses on AI units again.

• Some initial rudimentary AI for the new Build Up and other alternative fortification missions.

Top Bottom