SVN Update question

colonelflag

Warlord
Hi Toffer,

In the last SVN released today (11592) there is a line ->

"Making wanderer and scouts more useful"

which sounds great, are you able to expand on that change at all ?

Cheers

"Armor" isn't yet implemented, no?
Not fully, though it is something I played with through my modmod (called "My take on stuff") last time I played actively. It is fully functional, though no one has assigned it to units much yet.
Hi Toffer,

In the last SVN released today (11592) there is a line ->

"Making wanderer and scouts more useful"

which sounds great, are you able to expand on that change at all ?

Cheers
They are no longer defensive only, can coexist with barbarians, enter foreign culture with right of passage agreement (or open border agreement) and upgrade in neutral territory. That's the main change to make them more useful.

Last edited:
Not fully, though it is something I played with through my modmod (called "My take on stuff") last time I played actively. t is fully functional, no one has assigned it to units much yet.
Sounds interesting. I do hope we're getting MoM type stuff soon-ish, lol. It isn't crucial by any means, but it adds a really nice flavor to the mod.

Not fully, though it is something I played with through my modmod (called "My take on stuff") last time I played actively. t is fully functional, no one has assigned it to units much yet.
It's definitely able to be used - I wanted to restrain usage until the equipment stuff becomes a more major component. In the meantime, we could apply it to core but doing so would take a lot of unit evaluation, which I was/am still working on, though I was also still thinking of restricting to either a combat mod of its own or just another advanced benefit of equipment interplay. When prepping for the equipment mod, I built out a lot like this intended to give that mod some meaning and depth other than, this material is better than that. You start assigning this to animals and to units by assumed weapons and it will make it harder to modularize equipment. But it IS a pretty cool concept and all the better that the limited application so far is showing to work pretty well, among a few other other tags meant to work in tandem with it. One thing about armor and puncture is that I realized that it should be resistance and penetration ability BY damage TYPE, not just a raw kinetic damage which sits fine throughout most of the gameplay eras but when you get into more advanced future stuff and energy weaponries and defenses, it gets a lot more complicated - electricity may not give a DANG about steel plated armor for example. So it was pending some possible re-coding as well.

When are Version 44 and Multimaps expected to come out??? I know that everyone is extremely busy with Tax Season and their full-time jobs but any kind of an ETA would be very much appreciated it!!! This is where my current game is at now. This mod is way better than Civilization 7 could ever hope to be. and I thank you!!!

Attachments

• OskGH January 13, AD-1874.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.9 MB · Views: 1
There is movement on progressing the game but not really an eta or plan for a packaging or for multimap completion concept. Much is stalled on fundamental reworking of some complex code regions and side efforts to set up the basis for a new game engine that will enable the final visions to come through eventually. That, and in my case, my business is almost in position to really take off - and if/when it does, once it gets to a point I should be able to fund progress on that new game engine and find more time to finish my goals both here and as a model for there.

TAKE YOUR TIME, KEEP ME INFORMED, YOU GUYS HAVE DONE EVERYTHING PRETTY NEAR PERFECT SO FAR!!!

Thanks for All of The SVN Updates to raxo, Toffer90 and the Entire C2C Modding team, and especially thanks to StrategyOnly for starting this Mod, and Thunderbrd for all you do. This MOD keeps improving CONSTANTLY!!!

Attachments

• OskGH February 17, AD-1945.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Top Bottom