-5300 Gold? And still chucking out units?

Socratatus

Emperor
I`ve been fighting Shaka for ages. In the diplomacy screen, it showed me his amount of gold he had (not sure why your opponent or any leader would show you what he has in his treasury, but anyway...) he had MINUS 5300 GOLD! Yet, somehow he`s till chucking out units on me and has been for ages.:eek:

I understand that in reality leaders did keep fighting wars while going way into debt, but Shaka does not seem to suffer for it. Maybe he has some unique ability to his Civ?

Thankfully, he suffers from rebellion due to Unhappiness- I saw a bunch of barbarians suddenly appear around his city.:)

Seems lazy to me. I`ll have to put it down to Shaka printing paper money and spiralling into debt to survive, even though see ing them now 6500 in debt (and making only 300 gold) makes it hard to believe that they can still spew out 2 Carriers with bombers, plus Nuclear subs and battleships!! No way could I manage this without having a good amount of cash upfront.

Also, why is the amount they are behind freely shown in the diplo Leader`s screen? The Devs should`ve at least kept it hidden, maybe only revealed with a spy. This would be a good time to not show that the AI is CHEATING! Makes me wanna quit.

Sigh... I suppose I just have to switch my brain off again to play this game.

Its so you can trade with them. Its hard to trade if I don't know what they have.

Nah. You don`t need the AI to reveal it`s full cash to trade. that`s not how it works. the AI should keep back it`s TRUE amount of cash and have only a pocket of actual TRADING CASH.

No one ever reveals their true amount of cash, unless spied on or forced to.

I`ve seen other games do it way better.

Nah. You don`t need the AI to reveal it`s full cash to trade. that`s not how it works. the AI should keep back it`s TRUE amount of cash and have only a pocket of actual TRADING CASH.
Isn't that how Civ IV handled it? I recall using World Builder a few times and seeing way more gold than their trading screen revealed.

I've seen this, click his name in the diplo overview and it will show his real gold stack. Sometimes it bugs out and shows a negative number.

Top Bottom