Mysterious Gold

Minou

King
I'm playing a game on normal settings (Deity, Standard Map Size, Continents, no special modes active) and I can't figure out how Gilgamesh has over 10,000 gold!

On Turn 59, I noticed he had 1199 gold. That was the most I think I have ever seen an AI holding. Now it is T74 and he is up to 14,393! In really it is even more, because he is buying Great People like crazy, including four Great Admirals and a Great Engineer in the last 10 turns. When I ended T74, he dropped to 10,471g and purchased the next two Great Merchants and a Cavalry.

The gold seems to be coming from non-domestic sources, since his gold per turn trade limit is capped at 13gpt in the trade screen. He has no Commercial Hubs or Harbors so at most one Trade Route. He founded a religion with Choral Music and Meeting House and has the God of War Pantheon, none of which give gold. I can only see a single Gypsum he even has to trade. He is Suzerain of Hunza, which should at most be adding a few gold per turn. He is at war with Vietnam but as far as I can see has not even pillage a tile.

This has to be a bug, and I suspect is could be a bug related to the "Adventures of Enkidu" ability which states "When at war with a common enemy, Sumerian and allied units share pillage rewards and combat experience if within 5 tiles of each other". I have been pillaging thousands of gold and science, which is the only way Sumeria could possibly have hit Cavalry already. But this would be a crazy bug because I have never been Allied with Gilgamesh and unless he has some units lurking in the fog never within 5 tiles either.

This is actually ruining my game a bit because I was set to attack Gilgamesh and now he has Cavalry he should not possess, and I also wanted to secure GM Marcus Crassus.

Save attached in case any one is interested. Has anyone else experienced this weirdness?

Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 4.05.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-01 at 4.08.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-01 at 4.22.41 PM.png

Attachments

• HARALD HARDRADA (KONGE) 74 1080 BC.Civ6Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Ok I continued playing and it is definitely a bug. Each time I pillage, Sumerian gets the gold too (and presumably science as well). This makes Sumerian and Norway the most broken 2 on 2 team I guess. Since Gilgamesh seems to be spending all the gold on Great People rather than units maybe he will help me by buying enough that together we can get to the late game space Great Scientists.

oh yes he does also get science, I remember in my first Norway SV Gilga declared on me at some point and kept buying helicopters around t100.
And somehow in my current playthrough, inspired by your thread, he is in it again.

Top Bottom