What Are "Worthy" Deity Settings?

I think re-rolling is fine, so long as you count the re-roll as a loss.

Reloading is far worse. Reloading could let you re-do pretty much anything, so long as you saved every ~5 turns under a different save.

Another bigger problem is trade-exploits against the AI. Trading a resource for a lump sum of gold when you know you are about to lose that resource is a pretty cheap tactic.

Honestly, though, the worst is map type. As any random civ even, I stand a better chance on a map that is water-oriented simply because AI naval tactics and amphibious tactics are just dreadfully poor; hence, I think pangea is best, though continents is okay, too.

My last thought is: picking a particular civ to play with is fine. While the best of the best can play almost any setting with random civs, I think it's not so severe a deduction as some might think when you pick a certain civ out. After all, so long as you aren't choosing map settings to fit your civ (Carthage on Islands, Aztecs with Raging Barbs), there's still the distinct possibility that the start won't unfairly benefit you in any way.

Top Bottom