Leading Civ money trickery?

Guglish

Chieftain
Haii.

I was playing on a huge map (North-west EU), while rivaling against the Maya for being the best scoring civ. Even tho the map is huge, I ended up boardering them, and as they started gaining the upper hand in points - I decided to coup their capital and razed two mid-sized cities. I then loaded the place up with artillery, and had a small army watching out over their "colony" of 6-7 minor cities + one huge city, (23 population at 1830 AD). "Guess they're checked now", I thought. Sure they dropped 200 points BUT they're getting MORE GPT now than ever, even tho they only popped up one city since I began the siege. Their GPT darted up/down between 300 to 550, ending at the latter, when I stopped playing, 60 turns after the siege on palalalaenque. This was played on emperor, and I gotta ask, what's going on? Why they be printing up money? I was the only one in military conflict with them during the 60 rounds.:confused:

They could be importing gold from other civs, or maybey in a golden age? Otherwise I'm not sure how to explain it.

Yes, but the strange thing is the 3 cities I took from them were goldmines, 3 costum houses and a ton of trading posts. Half their lux goods were gone too..

I was thinking to myself 'their economy is gonna take such a blow now" The gpt never changed, exept it got more volatile, between 300 and 500 as I said.

Then I don't know how to explain it. Perhaps there was so much building maitnence in the cities that you actually helped them by decreasing their maintence significantley

Top Bottom