Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please report all single player bugs and crashes for the SVN version of C2C here. (release v36 = SVN Revision 8790)

If you are using the download version of Caveman2Cosmos v36 please use the other thread.

To assist us in fixing the problem please include the version of C2C you are playing.

If the bug involved a repeatable "Crash to Desktop" (CTD) or similar please include
  • a save and description of how to reproduce the crash
  • if your mods folder is not Caveman2Cosmos please state what it is when posting a save to help the modders and save them time when trying to identify the problem.
  • the MiniDump.dmp file. It is found in your Beyond the Sword folder that contains the Mods file containing Caveman2Cosmos. IE the folder that contains the BeyondTheSword.exe file.

If the bug includes error messages then the Python.Err file in the logs folder would be useful also. It can be found in the same location as the the Saves folder containing your save games.

A screen shot.

Basically as much information as you can that will help us find the problem[/INDENT]

If you saw the AI doing something stupid/unoptimal/otherwise bad make sure your BBAI logging is set to 3 in the BUG options. Then, post a savegame exhibiting the behavior as well as the BBAI log, found in the Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs folder.

How to turn on logging.

In the Civ 4 INI file, located in Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword, there are some logging options. Make sure they look like this.
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0 

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Note: You only need to have RandLogs on if you are playing Multiplayer, otherwise just leave that off (thx Cyrusfan)

How to turn on the AI logging.

The AI logging is turned on in the BUG options screens. It is the BBAI log mentioned on the Logs page. It writes to the same folder as the other logs creating a BBAI.log file there.

Known issues
Forming a Colony may cause you to declare war on everyone including your other vassals.

Boats on auto explore will try and heal next to land units that are damaging them. They stay there trying until they sink.

Signs you place on the map disappear if you save.

The map script Three Planets probably wont work crashing to desk top. There is something wrong with the way the terrain graphics interact. If you use the older alternate terrain graphics it will probably work. Not sure with the newer alternate terrain graphics. We are trying to figure out why.

The Mangrove terrain feature is the cause of the various grain resources and others sometimes looking like swamps. It is being looked at but is basically a complete mystery.​

1) I believe the Mangrove feature was corrected.

2) Another known outstanding bug is on me to resolve here at some point where Barbs are ignoring the Great Wall (my attempt to limit their movement didn't work as well as hoped.)

I'll report more that still have yet to be fully resolved here in a bit.

Known Issues:

1) Feature movement cost overrides terrain movement cost; they are not added together as a sum.

2) Resources provided by buildings are available before they have been enabled by the appropriate tech.

3) Combat odds window usually shows an absurd total modifier percentage value. Only a display issue.

Looks like I got in too late to the last bug thread. The save files are attached over here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14025373&postcount=2838

This is a crash that happens during end-of-turn, with no pop-up or error message. CivIV just shuts down, always at exactly the same moment. The save is right before it happens.

Gigantic map, snail speed, size matters, the current (release candidate) SVN, and I'm almost done with the Renaissance, but have had no serious performance problems up til now.

Known Issues:

1) Feature movement cost overrides terrain movement cost; they are not added together as a sum.
This was solved pre-release. They are now additive. We should watch out for how this impacts games and if we should adjust some of the base values as a result. However, before we commented out the multi-feature mod, this was how tiles were compiling at that time and we never had any complaints.

2) Resources provided by buildings are available before they have been enabled by the appropriate tech.
Ah.. yeah that one. I'll put it on my list now for v37 if it isn't already.

3) Combat odds window usually shows an absurd total modifier percentage value. Only a display issue.
Would be helpful to catch a save and situation for this.

Looks like I got in too late to the last bug thread. The save files are attached over here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14025373&postcount=2838

This is a crash that happens during end-of-turn, with no pop-up or error message. CivIV just shuts down, always at exactly the same moment. The save is right before it happens.

Gigantic map, snail speed, size matters, the current (release candidate) SVN, and I'm almost done with the Renaissance, but have had no serious performance problems up til now.
I continued the conversation with you there... might as well let it play out in that thread unless they want to lock that one.

This was solved pre-release. They are now additive. We should watch out for how this impacts games and if we should adjust some of the base values as a result. However, before we commented out the multi-feature mod, this was how tiles were compiling at that time and we never had any complaints.
They are not additive. caves, Savannah, flood plains, etc sets movement cost down to 1 no matter what terrain are under them.

Would be helpful to catch a save and situation for this.
Erm, the problem appears for about 99.99% of all battle odds calculations. not sure why a save would be needed as you could test it out in any game.

Edit: Total defense modifier for all battles is almost always between 1000% to 100 0000% (usually a negative value).

They are not additive. caves, Savannah, flood plains, etc sets movement cost down to 1 no matter what terrain are under them.
I misread in haste. I thought you were talking about defensive modifiers.

However, this is not a bug, it's the way civ is designed. There's an assumption that features would never be easier to travel through than the terrain underneath them and since it would only take the higher of the two, terrains override features for movement purposes.

Erm, the problem appears for about 99.99% of all battle odds calculations. not sure why a save would be needed as you could test it out in any game.
Perhaps its a misunderstanding of the odds calculated and displayed and what they mean exactly, particularly here in C2C where both units can succeed against the other in a given round.

I'm not seeing problems here. Certainly there are some factors that aren't well taken into account and should still be and that project is certainly still on the table, as difficult as it will be to resolve.

But if you see something like 100% from both parties it's because both are calculating to their own form of success. Usually meaning neither party will die from the conflict.

However, this is not a bug, it's the way civ is designed. There's an assumption that features would never be easier to travel through than the terrain underneath them and since it would only take the higher of the two, terrains override features for movement purposes.
but..but.. it always chooses feature movement cost even if terrain movement cost is higher. So a cave makes Dunes/Snow/Marsh/Permafrost/whatever cost 1 movement point.

Edit: It should be fixed to either always choose the highest one OR add them together.

but..but.. it always chooses feature movement cost even if terrain movement cost is higher. So a cave makes Dunes/Snow/Marsh/Permafrost/whatever cost 1 movement point.

Edit: It should be fixed to either always choose the highest one OR add them together.

I believe caves were intended to make travel easier in such a case.

Adding them together would be too severe imo. However, the highest of the two would probably be more effective for C2C where we do play with values a little differently.

I believe caves were intended to make travel easier in such a case.

Adding them together would be too severe imo. However, the highest of the two would probably be more effective for C2C where we do play with values a little differently.
If the highest is chosen I will agree to call the bug resolved. However, I still think they should be added together, but then some features like caves, savanna and oasis should have 0 movement cost.
Reasoning: it allows us to play more with the values going forward and we have many promotions that reduce movement cost as well as doubles movement across certain terrains.

Just got this python error when i clicked on the attached circled>>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 9460, in doBuildHorseBonus

AttributeError: 'CyUnit' object has no attribute 'setImprovementType'
ERR: Python function doBuildHorseBonus failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 9498, in doBuildCowBonus

ERR: Python function doBuildCowBonus failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

If the highest is chosen I will agree to call the bug resolved. However, I still think they should be added together, but then some features like caves, savanna and oasis should have 0 movement cost.
Reasoning: it allows us to play more with the values going forward and we have many promotions that reduce movement cost as well as doubles movement across certain terrains.

I'll see what I can do with that. But yeah, it would make us need to adjust a few features. I see the point which is something I've been both curious and at times appreciative of where you can get through a forested hill with an extra mv left over even though you only have either the forest or hill movement promo.

I'll see what I can do with that. But yeah, it would make us need to adjust a few features. I see the point which is something I've been both curious and at times appreciative of where you can get through a forested hill with an extra mv left over even though you only have either the forest or hill movement promo.

I've made this mod adjustment and I've reviewed the feature movement costs (being additive, all of them needed to be adjusted) but I'd ask of everyone who plays the mod to comment on how the game experience goes with this.

Just got this python error when i clicked on the attached circled>>

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 9460, in doBuildHorseBonus

ERR: Python function doBuildHorseBonus failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 9498, in doBuildCowBonus

ERR: Python function doBuildCowBonus failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

It is because you are in a city! You should not get that button when in a city. BtW the button has been changed and the function extended to herds other than cattle and horses in the update I was about to make.

It is because you are in a city! You should not get that button when in a city. BtW the button has been changed and the function extended to herds other than cattle and horses in the update I was about to make.

I kind of figured you'd say that, so i went 1 tile OUTside the city and tried that, and same error occurred / /

Then it is trying to do the whole stack or it has done one and is trying to do another. IE. it may have done the horses and then tried to do the cows since you had the whole stack selected. Not sure what to do there. Let me think on it.

Then it is trying to do the whole stack or it has done one and is trying to do another. IE. it may have done the horses and then tried to do the cows since you had the whole stack selected. Not sure what to do there. Let me think on it.

Now that sounds very reasonable, and more than likely exactly what is happening . . .

maybe some kind of coding like you did with NotSoGoods animals placement, just guessing . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom