[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

First of all, thank you all! I'm really happy if you like the mod! :bounce:

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Hey Avain can you do an Israeli lineup by any chance?

The idea of the mod is to add flavour units to base Civ4. Adding an Israeli lineup (and that would mean adding a leader, cities, etc) would be a perfect task for an Israeli plug'n'play mod.

Thuthur said:
Just a little question, your mod is it working with the french version of BtS ?

It should. Also, for Civ4 I don't think there's a specific English, French, Italian, etc. version(I know only of a USA and European version, but I guess it's not the language that's different...), and the XML containing the different languages is omnipresent (wow! is this an existing word?:) )
There's a couple of unit class renames in this mod however(that can be easily removed by deleting the CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml from the mods XML dir), but by Gedemon's initiative it now contains multilanguage support.

My idea was that when your done with the civs already in game you could branch out and do popular modular civs, like with Zerver's Swiss for example, and have them as optional added content for this mod. I'm just a fan of your work and would enjoy seeing what you come up with.

I'm just a fan of your work and would enjoy seeing what you come up with.

You honor me, Sword_Of_Geddon.
My plans as of now however are to patch VD with whatever cool units I can (you see anything, you tell, right? ;) ), and then I'd like to make a more complex mod to include the exact elements I like to play with ( RangedBMBD, Influence driven war, MAD Nukes, balanced terraforming, etc + some additional modern unit classes and some future era.)
And then... I'd like to play the GAME. Seriously. I still haven't played a single BtS session :( (yeah, yeah, I know what you think... :hammer2: )

But these are only plans, and I've already learned not to rule anything out :D

Hmmm. Was it a showstopper? I mean, were you able to continue after reload?

I did keep up playing until a second CTD like 30 turns after. I believe it has got to do with the huge world size with 18 civs having a lot of units. It's eating up too much memory space. But the game is not slow or lagging yet.

I do like the India bowmen and the Ottoman rifleman, but the egyptian one is just too what-if for my taste. With a different 'helmet' he would be fine, but that jackal one isn't for me.

You can find a few pic of real uniforms here ;) (1880 - 1900)

Top Bottom