Embassy SANCTA - discussion

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Hey Guys ~

Just wanted you to know i misclicked in the game. No point asking for a reload as it is easily fixed IMO.

I was takigng a screenshot (to show that we have met your glorious civ). I then wanted a screenshot of the diplomacy page, (to see if we could maybe share knowledge)

unfortunately I forgot to let go of the "Alt" Key inbetween these 2 operations, so when i clicked on your civ....war ensued.

Now being an hoenst mistake I simply offered a cease fire as that would put us back into the exact same. (however if you prefer peace for 10 turns we could do that too)

Thanks for understanding my bobble.

Memphus

I sent a quick reply:

Thanks for the alert, and greetings! A more formal message will follow once our diplomatic office recovers from the shock. :lol:

Our team gmail is Team.Mad.Scientists@gmail.com.

Dave

I guess we should tell Cav rather fast, because they will certainly wonder about the message in their log-file...

Dave did you check if SANCTA has the alphabet?
... Memphus obviously wanted to check for possible techtrades and as long as we don't have alpha they don't see our techs.

I have not logged in, received Memphus's message while at work.
Should we accept the offer that pops up? Assuming it's still there and nobody has dismissed it...

Does Cav know SANCTA? If not, they might not get a message.

Cav said, that they expected contact soon. (said so a couple of turns ago)

Further we definately should inform our allies, that we made contact to a new team...

I just think that's a matter of convinience in an alliance.

Personally, I would accept the cease fire, start negotiations with SANCTA for a peace treaty.

Maybe, we get them "pay" us for their bad behavior... some infos about the shape of the lands around them could be an idea and would certainly be welcome...

a picture of the meeting.

Attachments

• 1279 Ari meets SAn axe.JPG
    1279 Ari meets SAn axe.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 303
Regarding Ari's exploration, we could tell them he's on a mission to find land's end and plans to continue his exploration in that direction. It could be mutually beneficial if this exploration also yields a viable trade route.

Has anyone checked the trade screen to see what their techs are?

Dave a TR needs water or roads, Ari give us no TR, only lay of land. The wb in the north can make a TR with Sat, but I don't know, if we want/get oB?

proposed letter to SANCTA:

Greetings, Alliance of the Trippple Humbug!

Aristotle has met your fine Axeman in the southern jungles. They don't speak the same language, so they weren't able to fight the barbarians together, but in time that may be corrected. Aristotle has no desire to frighten your laborers, so be assured he will head east, as planned.

We understand that sometimes orders get garbled as they move up and down through the chain of command - we understand that mistakes happen, and have already forgiven you. We want nothing but peace and prosperity; we hope you do as well.

All formal messages should be marked "team.mad.scientists@gmail.com", but casual discussions may be held with our Chief Diplomat, "Peter.smith.grimes@gmail.com". He is available for chats at times, and all email addressed to the team will be bounced through his email as well. Amazing that we don't even have an alphabet yet we can nonetheless send mutually comprehensible messages, no? :crazyeye:

All the best,
Your friendly neighborhood Mad Scientists.

Thoughts? It would be great to get this sent out before we play the turn.

Dave a TR needs water or roads, Ari give us no TR, only lay of land. The wb in the north can make a TR with Sat, but I don't know, if we want/get oB?
Yes, I know but they don't. :D

Before I had a chance to send it off, we receive this in our gmail:

Namaste HUSch,
The Ninjas salute the brilliant Mad Scientists.

We are most pleased to have met your people, and everyone from the Mighty Shogun to the humblest ninja-in-training apologizes for our gross diplomatic negligence in our first contact. Praise Sullla, no one actually died!

You have gained great favor with the ninja people with your respectfulness towards our worker. We will not soon forget your graciousness in heading east rather than north.

As Shogun Memphus told you, to the immediate north of your scout there is nought but jungle and then our territory blocking all further access. If it's still relevant and of interest to you when one of us learns paper – we will gladly provide a screenshot of the territory you missed exploring due to honoring our request. Just remind us when the time comes!

Or – if you'd like to scout further north with our blessing – we'd be happy to sign a peace treaty with you (as soon as the game allows it anyway) and cement the general goodwill between our peoples.

As a "free-of-charge" scouting tip: to your east lies forest and jungle hills – and unexplored territory that is (as far as we can see) open and unblocked for your scout to explore.​

Since it would appear that neither of us have knowledge of Alphabet yet – we don't really have opportunity to make any deals. But when the time comes, please know that you have friends in the halls of the Ninja.

Let us know what you think about the formal peace treaty, and any other ideas on your mind.

-- General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA.

An accident war
Response of peace and goodwill
Diplomacy starts.

SAN's letter sounds nice.
Certainly they aren't our designated allies, but we should try to start as good relations to them as possible.
Maybe we are becoming the team in in our alliance with the best relations towards SAN. (farest away, not as advanced as Cav and Kaz, showed oru good will in letting their worker alone even after their initial misclick)

Thinking the above further, I don't like the greeting formula in peter's proposed letter.

They Know we 've traded techs with Cav.

Certainly they do, but right now it is still possible, that Cav just offered us a quick trade to of s.th. like a worker-tech.
Not having Alpha and monarchy doesn't look like we are allied with Cav/Kaz right now...

I agree with you, Topas :)

Proposed Response:
Greetings and Salutations, Honorable Ninjas!

We are simply thrilled to meet you - your reputation has already spread far and wide through this woodsy, hilly, mountainous land. We've been wandering for a very long time, indeed! Aristotle was starting to be somewhat disheveled & disheartened by the lack of human contact!

Our warrior poses no threat to your people at all, and we're anxious to sign a formal peace treaty with you. Something that takes us up through, say, 1AD?

We're also excited by the possibility of future tech trades, but resources are less likely any time soon, unless you have already commissioned a sea-faring cartographic expedition. Alas, we won't have Alphabet for the foreseeable future - how about yourselves?

Let us know about a formal peace treaty - once that's in place we can move forward from there.

All the best,
Peter Grimes, Mad Scientist.

Note: I don't want us to outright lie, but I was trying to give the impression that CAV is being stingy with the tech trades. Also, as I was drafting this, Methos told me that their exploring workboat just found SANCTA's borders. So if SANCTA wants to check, they'll see that Cav has techs that we still lack.

I agree, peter.
And the letter looks good to me.

We don't have to lie, but we need not tell them everything ;)

As long as we lack some techs on Cav+Kaz, it might appear, that we just made a trade with Cav, while Kaz+Cav appear to be allied. It might be interesting to see, if SAN (or Sat?) tries to form an alliance against Cav+Kaz themselves...

Top Bottom