Difficult immortal starts

Mutineer

Deity
To continue from previous example, this is an example of relatively difficult immortal start.

Land around you will be rich is resources with lots of space to expand, but by different reasons will lead to hard game.
Would be interesting to see how people will counter problems.

Map type - Pangaea plus
Difficulty immortal,
Normal speed normal size, everything normal.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    519.3 KB · Views: 80
actually there are standard 2 lax around starting spot and lot of resources. many river ties too.

I'd restart it probably or move the settler somewhere inland. having no grassland tiles is a real pain for the early growth

Idea of the game is to play hard starts. Everyone can play easy one's, but I believe there are even immortal level starts which are very difficult and needed different strategy. Standard Tradition opening may not work there for example.

Idea of the game is to play hard starts. Everyone can play easy one's, but I believe there are even immortal level starts which are very difficult and needed different strategy. Standard Tradition opening may not work there for example.

see, there are all kinds of bad starts, but having no food is by far the worst what you can get. I'd prefer Shacka next to me instead of playing on 90% plains tiles start.
I'll give it a try at the WE.

I really do not understand the posts about the lack of food - wheat, river, fish ,COAST.
Just chop that forest for granary and build farms near river, second city, cargo ship and you will have more then enough food :)

I really do not understand the posts about the lack of food - wheat, river, fish ,COAST.
Just chop that forest for granary and build farms near river, second city, cargo ship and you will have more then enough food :)

Thats very nice, but thats immortal, not deity, so workers do not really appear out of the blue. You'll get food eventually, but thats slow food. My problem with all that plains is that you cannot grow fast at the start, as every unimproved tile slows you down a lot.

And producing a worker in a flatland city, when you have to work the fish tile from turn 8 on is taking forever.

Mutineer - the savegame is different than the one in the picture. This is a game with Indonesia, not Morocco.

Mutineer - the savegame is different than the one in the picture. This is a game with Indonesia, not Morocco.

Thanks now correct save, it is initial saved. I do not know what happened, I am sure I check for correct save.

If you played last gotm you should have them I think.
I got DLC for gotm on steam sale.

No, it require scrambled nations/continents map packs - not needed in last GOTM - unfortunately I don't have it :(

Oh, I now saw the big picture - that Morocco on heavy plains without desert :D Thats almost the same as playng Greece with disabled CS or Zulu with disabled DV :D

I agree with Ironfighter. If you think this is a bad start then some of you have never encountered a real bad start. Well you probably have seen some but it's so easy to reroll if it's not a posted challenge...or worse, a mp NQ game!

Same. Might pick it up later.

Something you like about Morocco, Mutineer?

Well I simply believe it is most situation nation. For many standard strategies and starting position it's abilities are useless.

Thats a very funny map indeed :D

So its not only heavy plains, the near terrain contains also plain tundra, snowland and plain desert as well. There are only 3 different luxes - crabs, elephants and marble.
No near Ai - thats pretty bad for morocco UA.
No CS too.

Top Bottom