Tech Trading

Galthromir

Chieftain
Any veterans have advice on tech trading? I'm playing Earth18 as Inca on Marathon Prince, and know I wil need to tech trade to catch up once I REX out into the Amazon. However, I suck at it...seems like the AI wants 25 beakers tech wise for every 1 they offer.

You aren't going to get parity for your trades. 25 to 1 is a little extreme, but always expect to give up more than you are getting. And always get as much gold as possible as well.

You aren't going to get parity for your trades. 25 to 1 is a little extreme, but always expect to give up more than you are getting. And always get as much gold as possible as well.

I was indeed exaggerating, but it seemed from what I read that certian techs the AI will pay through the nose for, like Ascethics. But when I tried to trade it will pleased civs, they hardly gave me anything.

Rule #1 in tech trading is tech something none of the AI's have. These techs will more or less be the same most games, since there are certain techs the AI's don't go for. The early ones are alphabet (trade for IW), code of laws, aesthetics - then philosophy/education later. You should get somewhat good deals for these. Really depends on what they have that you need though. If they aren't giving a reasonable deal, wait a few turns, and maybe tech 1 turn into the tech you want (to lower it's cost) and see if a good deal opens up.

Yes, except for those techs mentioned (and I think a couple others which escape me now) I only try to break even; for me it's sometimes just enough that I'm not behind in techs. Getting an advantage is gravy.

Top Bottom