New Era teching bonus

I've never heard that, but previous techs do get discounted as other civilizations discover them.

The benefits to advancing an era are:
City ranged attack goes up(compounded by Oligarchy)
Internal trade routes increase yield(compounded by Order's Iron Curtain)
May trigger a new host for WC vote, assuming you are 2 eras ahead and you'll win. If not then it's a hindrance.
Wonders in this era shouldn't be contested so can be hard built without fear, assuming you are 2 eras ahead. If not you need to keep an eye on the notifications.

City stat bonuses also improve when you hit certain eras and you also gain a new spy for the Industrial Era and beyond (the first spy is gained when ANYONE hits Ren Era).

The benefits to advancing an era are:
City ranged attack goes up(compounded by Oligarchy)
Internal trade routes increase yield(compounded by Order's Iron Curtain)
May trigger a new host for WC vote, assuming you are 2 eras ahead and you'll win. If not then it's a hindrance.
Wonders in this era shouldn't be contested so can be hard built without fear, assuming you are 2 eras ahead. If not you need to keep an eye on the notifications.

City stat bonuses also improve when you hit certain eras and you also gain a new spy for the Industrial Era and beyond (the first spy is gained when ANYONE hits Ren Era).

Also triggers:

1. Increased cost of minor religious civilians & buildings starting with Rean era.
2. With Industrial era, Great Prophet becomes constant (for number already spawned) instead of needing RNG.
3. New social policies can be opened at Classical, Midevil, and Rean.
4. If you've not already gotten an Ideology (via 3 factories), advancement to Modern era will grant it.

1. Increased cost of minor religious civilians & buildings starting with Rean era.

And it's a big increase. Goes like 200 default, 300 in Ren, 400 in Indus, 600 in Modern I think?

2. With Industrial era, Great Prophet becomes constant (for number already spawned) instead of needing RNG.

Er, what? It stops spawning GPs automatically (but you can still buy them with faith)...but each one you buy increases the cost of the next.

2. With Industrial era, Great Prophet becomes constant (for number already spawned) instead of needing RNG..

Er, what? It stops spawning GPs automatically (but you can still buy them with faith)...but each one you buy increases the cost of the next.

RNG: Random Number Generator aka virtual dice roll. Prior to Industrial era, that gets rolls when you have the min needed (based on how many you already have gotten) to see if you will get one.

With Industrial era, that dice roll part goes away and you just need what was the fixed amount (based on how many you already have gotten)

Right. It sounded like you were claiming something very different, namely that if you had gotten three Great Prophets (so the next is 800ish faith) that every Great Prophet in the Industrial Era or beyond would cost 800 Faith...whereas if you had only gotten two then you could buy them for 500 Faith each indefinitely.

Which obviously would be very wrong.

Also triggers:

Standard play seems to be to race to Renaissance to open Rationalism, yet I sometimes finding myself fighting to avoid it so I can buy another cheap building, especially if I have sacred sites. Am I crazy?

3. New social policies can be opened at Classical, Midevil, and Rean.

Spelling's not your strong suit, is it? :D

The increased cost for religious units and buildings is a disadvantage, and is probably the most significant of several reasons to delay teching to the next era.

Top Bottom