[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

Ah, was about to report the same CTD. ;)
I think I saw some more redundant graphic references, for instance the axeman or swordsman for the Aztec. The Jaguar replaces one of those but we can put an Aztec axeman and swordsman in the worldbuilder anyway. In any case, this one doesn't crash the game.

Yes, there can be some redundant stuff, there are times it's so hard to decide which unit to use I almost changed some unique units:lol:

Avain, I have two questions for you: first, did you tinker in any way with the shipscales? And second, any objection I use the main part of keymod to extend the Ethnic Artstyles mod? I have certain plans with the Early/Middle/Late artdefinetags and put some extra building/improvement graphics in. [/mystery]
Shipscales? None that I know of. I thought it was coming from your mod:lol:
Please feel free to use this mod in any way you like! (you beat me in politeness anyway, as I didn't ask for your permission, sorry about that...)

Yes, there can be some redundant stuff, there are times it's so hard to decide which unit to use I almost changed some unique units:lol:

Yeah, I know how you feel... especially the vanilla Persian Immortal is a thorn in my side. ;)

Shipscales? None that I know of. I thought it was coming from your mod:lol:

Good, that means I don't have to change them all over again. You don't know how long it took me before I was happy with them. :relief:

Yeah, I know how you feel... especially the vanilla Persian Immortal is a thorn in my side. ;)

Actually I guess they used the Sassanids' Zhayedan (Immortals), which really were cavalry.

Avain,

Is there any chance you could include Chugginator's workers in v1.3?

Current plans for 1.3 include:
- update Japanese set with danrell's units
- update China set with danrell's and bakuel's units
- update Khmer set with bakuel's units
- update Babylonian set with danrell's units
- and to include Chugginator's workers (I had my eye on those for a while now) ;)

that's exactly my wishlist, great :D

hi avain, another small bug reported by Lord_Phan about the Byzantine chariot...

the Modules/keymod/Art/Units/Byzantine/Byzantine Chariot/Chariot_Celtic.kfm animation seems to be corrupt, so I've updated the line in *_ArtDefines_Unit.xml with default Art/Units/Chariot_Celtic/Chariot_Celtic.kfm

hi avain, another small bug reported by Lord_Phan about the Byzantine chariot...

the Modules/keymod/Art/Units/Byzantine/Byzantine Chariot/Chariot_Celtic.kfm animation seems to be corrupt, so I've updated the line in *_ArtDefines_Unit.xml with default Art/Units/Chariot_Celtic/Chariot_Celtic.kfm

Thanks, you're just in time:) because...

...updated to v1.3

great :goodjob:

I'll have a look and start merging tonight ;)

Are you using the latest versions, or are you doing your own thing?

Ethnically Diverse Units MOD Beyond the Sword Edition
Version 3.14
Ethnic Artstyles - vs. 1.02

Thanks. :)

Are you using the latest versions, or are you doing your own thing?
)

As snipperrabbit!! stated, I pretty much used EDU as a starting point. I'm constantly reviewing new EDU versions, and I'll include parts I missed. ( jeez, they've got Oliphants, Mr.Baggins! ...khm.. I mean African Elephants :lol: )

One thing I hate that out of laziness I sticked with the name 'keymod', which is not only pretentious ( avain - who wanted to be 'key' here in vain:) ), but is misleading and says nothing. I might change it sometime...

On a brighter note, I plan on including nice new grenadiers, and a couple o' units I've freshly stolen:blush: from the Total Realism mod (psst, don't tell them, please!:run:)

On a brighter note, I plan on including nice new grenadiers, and a couple o' units I've freshly stolen:blush: from the Total Realism mod (psst, don't tell them, please!:run:)

yes, I've seen some really nice units in this mod :)

do yo plan to add modern (mechanized) units too ?

@GeoModder : city / improvment artstyle, or units artstyle ?

(I'm afraid of future headaches because of merging) :D

I might in the future, but I don't intend to include them until the regular units are 'finished' (which will never be:lol: , but let's say: when I feel they are ready enough:) )

yes, I've seen some really nice units in this mod :)

@GeoModder : city / improvment artstyle, or units artstyle ?

(I'm afraid of future headaches because of merging) :D

To ease your headaches, this update will only include Rabbit's African unitstyle, 2 palaces (Native and African) and a improvement or two. One for sure, haven't decided on the other yet since I'm having hardlinked graphics problems with it.

But after this version, the big cannons are coming out. :D

Top Bottom