[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

nailclippers, how do you mean 'doesn't seem to be working'? There's no new ethnic unit art to be seen? In this case you perhaps haven't enabled the LoadModular tag in your config file?

...In this case you perhaps haven't enabled the LoadModular tag in your config file?

Thanks Geo for reminding me, I added some installation instructions to the initial post

I downloaded several reskins last week and vainly spent several hours trying to install them. I'm really glad you made this mod so thanks!

Perhaps you should include better flags in another update? I'm waiting for bad ronald to finish his flag mod for BTS, but I think his mod will conflict with this one.

Any tips on merging the two mods? I took a look at the files seems like it would take a long time.

I downloaded several reskins last week and vainly spent several hours trying to install them. I'm really glad you made this mod so thanks!

Perhaps you should include better flags in another update? I'm waiting for bad ronald to finish his flag mod for BTS, but I think his mod will conflict with this one.

I checked the mod you mentioned and it seems only CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml would need to be merged, no other component is conflicting.

My intentions with this mod is to keep it as a simple civ specific unit set mod with no 'side effects'. I'll most probably elaborate on this one and develop it further by adding other elements but that will be another mod (which is still a long shot), first I want to do some fine tuning on this one.

Any tips on merging the two mods? I took a look at the files seems like it would take a long time.

You can use tools like Total Commander's comparison tool, which helps immensly in merging.
Check for entries like GREAT_PEOPLE_ something in XMLs and copy and overwrite the entries from Unique Civ-Specific Great People Names mod to this one.

Looks great... Oh yea, welcome to the :borg: borg :borg: you have been compiled into the composite :)

nailclippers, how do you mean 'doesn't seem to be working'? There's no new ethnic unit art to be seen? In this case you perhaps haven't enabled the LoadModular tag in your config file?

I think this must have been the problem. I read this thread again today and followed the updated instructions (and downloaded the updated mod), which included the thing you just said, and it worked perfectly.

I love this mod; the addition of ethnically diverse units was a huge addition to the new expansion in my opinion, but I was a little disappointed that there were only a few palates, and that they all disappeared after gunpowder entered the scene. This mod changes everything, I love it. Thanks for making it.

Just did a merge of Civ Specific Great People, Actual Quotes, Solver's Events, Solver's Mil Academy Bugfix, and Solver's unofficial patch with Keymod 1.1. I'll test it tonight to make sure the XML is proper. I also need to wait until Solver releases his promised revision later today. I'll also include Bad Ronald's flags once a BtS version is released.

The only problem I can see with this is that the Pedia will list 35 versions for each great person type -- completely killing the usefulness of the Pedia.

Well, I prefer the Betsy Ross to America's standard. Same for Odin's Imperial Germany flag. B_R's Egypt flag is great, as is the Zulu flag. The French imperial flag in the B_R collection works. Russia's is probably the only one off the B_R list that I don't like much.

Kind'a curious how they look with the tapered banner, though, and I've noticed that colonies with the same nation type use different colors. That'll be interesting.

Well, if this flags mod is put in as a module, the mere deletion of the file(s) will keep modern flags out for those who like vanilla flags.

I was pretty much considering just dumping the B_R flags into the root assets directory of the mod and editing any XML files that already exist.

Great and fast job here avain ! :D

I'm sorry I could'nt have saved you some work on this one, and finally it may be the opposite : can I use this as a base mod for BTS version of Regiments & Formations ?

:thumbsup:

Zee composite, She is working...

It is a 55MB file, though.

Also, the Civ Specific Great People do take up a good chunk of the units list in the Civilopedia. It could be distracting for some with all the GPeople clutter. These are straight merges, after all, and I don't know if the Civ Specific GPeople XML data can be implemented the same way Civ Specific unit art can.

I am running Blue Marble and Civ Scale with this, but it required copying the Blue Marble components from the CustomAssets\Art folder into an Art Art folder created in the Mod's root folder.

To reiterate -- this combines Keymod 1.1 with Willowmound's BtS Actual Quotes, Gaius Octavius' BtS Civ Specific Great People, Solver's additional Random Events, Solver's Military Academy Bugfix, and Solver's unofficial Patch.

HERE is the download. It is off site (rapidshare), since the file is larger than the D/L allowed in the database.

...uh...does an external link break the rules, by the way?

Great and fast job here avain ! :D

I'm sorry I could'nt have saved you some work on this one, and finally it may be the opposite : can I use this as a base mod for BTS version of Regiments & Formations ?

:thumbsup:

Well of course! Please use it in any form you wish.

Top Bottom