Trading Maps

opus95

Chieftain
One of my pet peeves with Civ V is that one can't get a decent map of a Civ with which you have established Diplomatic Relations. Why is it that you can exchange ambassadors without your ambassador having any concept of how he got to the other Civ? Were they blindfolded and teleported without seeing anything on the way? At the very least (maybe not at first, before the Printing Press, but certainly afterwards), Ambassadors should get a map of the Country they are dealing with (ranging from "crude" to "detailed". And actually one should be able to acquire a map of the known world as known by other Civs. Surely, one can buy a decent Atlas by the 20th Century. I've played too many games where I've had diplomatic relations with another Civ, and that Civ is just a Capital City halfway around the world, surrounded by "fog-of-war." This is absurd.

Another peeve is that you can trade Luxuries from halfway around the world and have no concept as to how these goods travelled from one Civ to another, and without Open Border Agreements with intervening countries. All of this trade should be made more logical with countries being made to pay a "transit fee" to transport Resources through the territories of intervening Civs (a simulation of the "Silk Road" between China and the Byzantine Empire, so to speak).

Top Bottom