Ramesses has declared war on you!

ThisNameIsTooLo

Emotion Lord
It... would be difficult to explain in words what has just happened in my latest SP King-level game. So I'll let these pictures do the talking.

RamessesWar.jpg

Right off the bat, this confused me, since he declared war by himself, not as a joint declaration. If his armies are weaker than mine, surely it's not a good idea to go to war with me, right? (I'm Carthage, the gray line above Egypt.)

RamessesWar3.png

Well, when it happened, a luxury resource deal I happened to be running with him got cancelled. Considering he has more cities than me, this probably doesn't work out in his favor. Not only that, but he doesn't have any units near my border, so he's clearly not looking to take my land. My best guess is that he was bribed into it, but I don't even know if AIs actually make those sorts of trades between themselves.

And that's when things take a turn for the bizarre.

RamessesWar2.png

Yes, you read that right. A mere turn after declaring war on me FOR NO RAISIN, he goes and makes a second enemy instantly. True, he and Cathy were at war previously, but there could not have been a less opportune time to act on his grievances.

So, I ask you. What the hell just happened?

Attachments

• RamessesWar4.png
    RamessesWar4.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 231
He was bribed to declare war. In return he received a few raisins.

He is still pretty close to you and the AI doesn't allway dow you if he has more soliders sometimes it takes it riskes he proparly thought you wouldn't expect a atack wich is a good thing in my opinion

Some leaders have a higher flavor for atacking when the ods are not good. I'm think its the flavor boltness but i am not so sure could be something else

Meh. You could just tell him that it`s `reason` not `raisin`.

Anyway, the funny thing is, the Egyptian Leader KNOWS he`s taking on more than he can chew if you look at what he says. So I can only assume it`s an act of desperation to try and stop you. Attacking another Civ at the same time is pure foolishness.

Not unheard of in history. Humans sometimes do dumb things.

...and invading Russia quite often tops that list :D

And for the Russians - Finland comes in second. Outskiing them to victory every time :lol:

Meh. You could just tell him that it`s `reason` not `raisin`.

Actually, it was an intentional reference. I'm sure people will get it even if I don't link it to a YouTube video.

Anyway, I'm refusing all peace treaty offers he gives me while I amass an invasion force, because I feel like taking him down a notch anyway. Evading the "warmongering menace" diplo penalty is a major bonus.

Top Bottom