Game play settings

franrumbelow

Chieftain
Both my husband and I have the same version of Gods and Kings (1.0.1.705) yet mine saves my previous default played settings (i.e. - Leader, Map type, Map size, difficulty, Game Pace), my husbands doesn't. I do not remember changing any options relating to this, nor can I find any option. Does anyone know why this is the case please. Just bugging me, thanks

Your husband is probably starting his games from the Advanced Setup screen. After selecting his advanced options (quick combat, whatever), he should back out to the main setup screen and launch the game from there.

Sorry, that wasn't the point (I also go into advanced settings and alter things from there). The point was that when I start Civ, whatever leader, map size etc., I used last is the settings. Whereas my husbands always starts from the default, i.e. if he was on large map in the last game it doesn't keep that setting for the next game, mine does, but thank you for the suggestion.

I think the last poster was saying if you and your husband are going about setting up your games in different ways, that could be the cause of why one's settings are being saved and the other's aren't.

Yes, I went many months, frustrated that every game defaulted to Japan on Warlord, even after I had long moved on to other civs and was, by then, routinely playing on higher levels. I was always starting games from the Advanced screen (selecting other map types, sea levels, etc. or just selecting Quick Combat and/or deselecting Quick Movement). One day I backed out of Advanced and started form the main screen and my life was changed.:crazyeye:

Just got hubby to do the advanced settings then go back to first page, rather than start game from advanced, and it worked. Just goes to show that women naturally pick the right option, :lol:

Thank you everyone!

Top Bottom